Internal routing: Outputs to inputs

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
onthe1
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Internal routing: Outputs to inputs

Post by onthe1 »

I tried doing exactly what the OP tried doing, except on Windows 10. (Motu 828mk3 hybrid/Traktor Pro 2.11/Ableton 10) I got the same result though: no audio out of Traktor through the ADAT ports when set up to go through a looped back ADAT cable and into Ableton.

I researched this a bit and found out that there is a global limit on sound card channel numbers in Traktor set at a maximum of channel 14. Any channel numbers higher than that are ignored when selected in the audio output section of Traktor, or else the program just crashes.

I was able to loop back two stereo channels of traktor audio through trs cables in and out of the analog inputs/outputs of my 828 and into ableton for recording individual tracks from Traktor so the general principle works just fine. I'm also able to use the ADAT loop to connect 8 channels of audio between DAW's.

Unless any of this has changed in Traktor 3, next I'm going to either try Jack or a second Motu interface to get this to work, because I'd really like four stereo channels looped and there aren't enough inputs and outputs with just one 828 when using an external mixer.