need some 64 bit metering suite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: need some 64 bit metering suite

Post by labman »

Shooshie wrote:To anyone who laments the loss of Elemental Audio (RND) Inspector XL meters, the Blue Cat Audio meters represent a far better set of tools than the Inspector XL's ever were. I'm so glad I bought these.

Shooshie
I concur. And tons of the old spectrafoo features are in bluecat too.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
towerproductions
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by towerproductions »

Izotope Insight . I've been playing around with the beta and it has some nice features.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCSjR9XV ... e=youtu.be
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
bluecataudio

Post by bluecataudio »

Hi there,

Quick follow up: I thought you might be interested in our latest levels meter update:
We are happy to announce Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4.0, a brand new version of our multi-purpose audio levels meter and envelope generation plug-in.

Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool that combines very flexible and customizable audio meters with advanced envelope generation and side chaining control capabilities. This new version comes with a completely redesigned user interface and many new features and enhancements: fully customizable meters, crest factor display, levels histograms for precise dynamic range analysis, surround support, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more (full list below).

The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat's Analysis Pack, our flagship audio analysis solution. New customers can purchase both the metering plug-in and its associated bundle with up to 16% off until March 10th. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 6 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).

New Features:
- Instant and average crest factor measurement.
- Peak, RMS and crest factor histograms.
- Control the attack and release shape of the peak envelope.
- Surround support (up to 8 channels).
- Brand new fully customizable user interface:
-- New look and feel.
-- Show/hide what you need.
-- Fully customizable meters characteristics (range, headroom, color ranges).
-- Control the brightness of meters and graphs.
-- Meters and curves can now be frozen.
-- New colored statistics display.
-- Multiple display sizes.
-- Improved readability.
-- Animated transitions.
- New integrated presets manager:
-- Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
-- Organize presets with folders.
-- Customize the default preset.
-- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
- Audio Suite support for the AAX version for offline levels measurements in Pro Tools.
Improvements:
- Increased levels range (120 dB).
- Increased maximum levels value range for overshoot measurement (up to +10dB).
- Peak average precision has been improved.
- Use hold values and crest factor for transformed envelope generation.
- Simplified transformed envelope generation.
- New presets to get started faster.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
- License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
Bug Fixes:
- (RTAS) Fixed parameters control with EUCON control surfaces in Pro Tools.
- Fixed user interface issues in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixed MIDI CC i/o issues with 64-bit VST.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in Digital Performer 7 on Mac.
- AAX/RTAS on Mac: Fixed audio engine freeze or error issue with Pro Tools on some Mac configurations.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Moutain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.

Pricing:
Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 4: 49 EUR or $66 (instead of 59 EUR or $79)
Upgrade from Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro 3: 11 EUR or $15
Blue Cat's Analysis Pack: 206 EUR or $269 (instead of 229 EUR or $299)
Regards,
tremo

Post by tremo »

bluecataudio -- Wow -- what a fantastic upgrade to Digital Peak Meter Pro (which has been on my stereo bus for years)! Love the new, much more readable Peak/RMS numerical displays, the histograms, the crest factor metering, all the new customizablility... Again, wow! and thank you for the very reasonable upgrade price!
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 14.4.1 | 828es | M4 | DP 10.13 | Studio One 6.6 | Logic 10.8
labman

Post by labman »

yes. Thank you! Our engineer is already is already raving.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bluecataudio

Post by bluecataudio »

Glad that you like it!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I installed it the moment I got the email announcing the upgrade. I haven't really used them yet, other than to look at them, but it looks like this is an important upgrade.

Thanks!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bluecataudio

Post by bluecataudio »

Indeed: it's almost a brand new plug-in :-)
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

$66 for a professional metering plugin? Am I dreaming??? I thought these were usually in the $250 range.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
labman

Post by labman »

Hey Prime. Their whole analysis suite is a tremendous deal. Cant recommend it highly enough.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Prime Mover wrote:$66 for a professional metering plugin? Am I dreaming??? I thought these were usually in the $250 range.
shhhhhh.... the plugin developers will hear you!
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

BKK-OZ wrote:
Prime Mover wrote:$66 for a professional metering plugin? Am I dreaming??? I thought these were usually in the $250 range.
shhhhhh.... the plugin developers will hear you!
In which case: surely that plugin would be more realistically priced at $2.50 :D
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
bluecataudio

Post by bluecataudio »

We hear you, but we are not likely to change our pricing policy in either way, don't worry... ;-)
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

labman wrote:Hey Prime. Their whole analysis suite is a tremendous deal. Cant recommend it highly enough.
I hear ya, though I think I'm going to start with just the DP Meter Pro, as a good loudness meter system is the thing I'm missing the most. I'm curious as to whether it can be customized to LKFS (though I already have a decent LKFS meter).

It's mine!
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Prime Mover wrote:
labman wrote:Hey Prime. Their whole analysis suite is a tremendous deal. Cant recommend it highly enough.
I hear ya, though I think I'm going to start with just the DP Meter Pro, as a good loudness meter system is the thing I'm missing the most. I'm curious as to whether it can be customized to LKFS (though I already have a decent LKFS meter).

It's mine!
You may think you only need the loudness meter, and by all means it has a lot to offer, but you're going to want the spectrum analyzers, too. There's nothing like being able to look at a meter and instantly see the exact frequencies you're hearing, and thus to know which one(s) you want to emphasize or diminish. Blue Cat's FFT meter is 2nd to none. All of them are top notch.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|