DP8 Disaster

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Palestrina7
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP8 Disaster

Post by Palestrina7 »

My DP8 package arrived today and I am stunned. There is no INSTALL disc in the box! The add-on disc is apparently there, although it will not open because my PCs (tried all three) think it is an empty disc!!!

The disc that did arrive was sitting LOOSE IN THE BOX, with no case or envelope. Unbelievable!

If that wasn't enough of a screw-up, I ordered a Rom Chip upgrade for my MicroLite USB interface, so I could port it over to my new mega-PC for the new software this week. Following the instructions carefully, I installed the chip BACKWARDS and spent two days trying to figure out why my PC couldn't recognize it. I am sight-impaired, but I finally got a magnifying glass out and realized that the notch was supposed to be on the RIGHT, while the instructions from MOTO clearly say the LEFT.

All of this just transpired today, an hour too late to call MOTU. Seriously, this is painfully unimpressive. I have been using MOTU products and Performer exclusively, since v1.4 What a let-down, MOTU!
palestrina7
Professor of Music
Utah State University
hammerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 Disaster

Post by hammerman »

The PC version of DP 8 is not out yet. Soon, and you will get it. Read here:

http://www.motu.com/newsitems/dp8-is-now-shipping

There's only one shipped disc in the box right now and it is the Mac version.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Palestrina7 wrote:My DP8 package arrived today and I am stunned. There is no INSTALL disc in the box! The add-on disc is apparently there, although it will not open because my PCs (tried all three) think it is an empty disc!!!

The disc that did arrive was sitting LOOSE IN THE BOX, with no case or envelope. Unbelievable!

If that wasn't enough of a screw-up, I ordered a Rom Chip upgrade for my MicroLite USB interface, so I could port it over to my new mega-PC for the new software this week. Following the instructions carefully, I installed the chip BACKWARDS and spent two days trying to figure out why my PC couldn't recognize it. I am sight-impaired, but I finally got a magnifying glass out and realized that the notch was supposed to be on the RIGHT, while the instructions from MOTO clearly say the LEFT.

All of this just transpired today, an hour too late to call MOTU. Seriously, this is painfully unimpressive. I have been using MOTU products and Performer exclusively, since v1.4 What a let-down, MOTU!
palestrina7
Professor of Music
Utah State University
The Windows version of DP8 is not released yet. If you put the disc in your PC it's probably not reading it because it's for Macintosh. Contact MOTU.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

A harbinger of things to come? :roll: with apolgies, somewhat sincere.
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

I'd hoped he would respond back and say it was "pc" he was trying to load and mark this link SOLVED
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
Palestrina7
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Palestrina7 »

Nope. The DVD is blank. My G5 can't read it, either. Says I can burn files on it.

Thanks for the correct info on the delivery, guys, but that is not what I was told when I called MOTU. In fact I told them I not to bother sending me the Mac version. The fact that the dvd is not labeled MAC is also incredibly annoying, And there is still a disc missing from my package, according to the manual.

So I guess I'll wait some more.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

My Mac disc also doesn't specify. Sounds like you got a bad package but MOTU will certainly make good on it. Still sucks!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yep... it's unfortunate. Still I've heard of people sometimes getting bad discs. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 RC1, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

I was got a bad disc with MachFive 2. They sent me a new, and I had it in two days - and I'm in Sweden!

Maybe they didn't send the install disc because you told them not to bother with it? (and the Windows version isn't released yet)
Anyway, give them a call or email and they are usually pretty quick at setting things straight.
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by AnthonyS »

My first DP7 upgrade disc was bad. I contacted MOTU and they sent one out right away. Your results may vary, but I had my disc the second day. (I live in NY, very close to MOTU HQ in Mass.)

Good Luck!!!!
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Palestrina7 wrote: The fact that the dvd is not labeled MAC is also incredibly annoying, And there is still a disc missing from my package, according to the manual.
There are supposed to be two discs? I only got one in my package..

Man, too bad about your situation. Just get with MOTU, I'm sure they will set things right for you..
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

They were able to fit Extra's are on the install disk so only one disk was shipped.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

Palestrina7 wrote:Nope. The DVD is blank. My G5 can't read it, either. Says I can burn files on it.
Palestrina7, if the disc that you've received truly says that you can "burn files on it", then someone's "messed" with your package and put a blank disc in there! It's not a bad DVD, Mac or PC, if it's able to "burn files"...it's a blank writable. Call MOTU...
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me