Groove Agent 3

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
chamelion
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Groove Agent 3

Post by chamelion »

Hi all.

I've been using Stylus Rmx as my drummy thing of choice for several years now, and I have to say it's an incredibly good product. But lately I've been toying with the idea of getting Groove Agent 3. I used to own the original version (which was so long ago I think my computer ran on kerosine), and from memory it wasn't too bad in its day. Would anyone care to give GA3 a ranking from 1 to 10 based on fabulousness and the way it works within DP7? From the little I've been able to glean from You Tube and a few audio grabs on the Steinberg site it sounds pretty danged good. What do you think?

Cheers,

Geoff
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
David Polich

Re: Groove Agent 3

Post by David Polich »

"If you can't say anything good, say nothing at all"...umm, so...
that's what I'm sayin'.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
chamelion

Post by chamelion »

Ouch! That bad eh? Thanks Dave.

G
"Don't worry,
be hoppy!"
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Well, actually, I haven't tried GA 3. I had Groove Agent 2 and thought it
sounded pretty bad, and the patterns weren't great either. Maybe GA 3
is an improvement. That said, IMO it will never approach the quality of
BFD 2, which I still think is the best drum VI on the planet.

To make an analogy, how do you "improve" upon Sofia Vergara, or Kate Beckinsale? You don't.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com