DP7, Battery 3, and Korg NanoPad 2

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
johnnyg88
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP7, Battery 3, and Korg NanoPad 2

Post by johnnyg88 »

Hey guys!

Right now, Battery 3 with DP7 responds to both my MIDI Keyboard and my Korg NanoPad 2. How can I make it so that Battery 3 responds ONLY to the Korg Nanopad? I tried changing channels on my keyboard, but Battery 3 responds to every channel, even if I set Battery 3 cells to respond to a particular channel. It seems the Korg only works if Battery 3 is set to respond to channel 1. Is there some kind of setting in DP? The Korg Nanopad doesn't show up in OSX's Audio MIDI Setup. Why isn't my gear listening to me? :(

Thanks for any help yall!

jg
jamesdunlopmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP7, Battery 3, and Korg NanoPad 2

Post by jamesdunlopmusic »

Hey

Have you tried turning off the MIDI keyboard in the Battery plugin window?
Mac Pro 2.8 ghz Quad Core, 32gb RAM, DP 8.07, OS X 10.8.5
johnnyg88
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by johnnyg88 »

That's the weird thing, in Stand Alone mode it does exactly what I want. In Plugin mode in DP7, it doesn't do that. The Audio/MIDI Settings for Battery 3 are only accessible in Stand Alone mode. I was hoping it would change the settings globally, including Battery 3 in Plugin mode but there's no way to turn the keyboard off in plugin mode, as far as I know.
thanks

jg
pencilina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by pencilina »

Hi,

Try looking up DP's multirecord feature.

Best

B
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina