Duplicating chunks. MIDI going to VEP servers lose channel#.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mhurwitz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Duplicating chunks. MIDI going to VEP servers lose channel#.

Post by mhurwitz »

When duplicating chunks, MIDI channels assigned to VEP server instances lose their channel assingments in the DP tracks window. Why?

Thanks!

MOH
Last edited by mhurwitz on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Duplicating chunks. VEP instances lose channel assignmen

Post by FMiguelez »

This doesn't happen to me anymore.

But have you tried disabling and enabling the tracks in DP? Sometimes that cured that problem when I worked with an older DP version.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
ccrane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Duplicating chunks. MIDI going to VEP servers lose chann

Post by ccrane »

There is something weird going on with duplicating DP 7.23/24 chunks and it's effect on MIDI assignments. Case in point, if you duplicate a chunk and make the copy active, the copy will be fine, but if you go back to view the original chunk via the chunk selector in the SE window you will find that when you reactivate your original chunk - all of the MIDI assignments are in italics. This is all happening within DP. The work around (if you want to go back to your original chunk and have the MIDI still assigned) is to always select your chunks via the chunks window. This may not apply to your situation but thought I would mention it as it may somehow be related.