Getting mains and preview outs with Microbook II

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
DJ Rolf
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Getting mains and preview outs with Microbook II

Post by DJ Rolf »

Hello
I picked up a Microbook II for use with my HP dv7 running Windows 7 64 bit. I am trying to get mains and headphones out to use with Virtual DJ.
I am having more trouble than I thought I would setting this up.
In a general sense, does anyone know how to set up the Microbook II so you can preview through the headphones with DJ software?
In particular, does anyone know how to do this using Virtual DJ?

Regards

Rolf
phil71

Re: Getting mains and preview outs with Microbook II

Post by phil71 »

I guess you can add Virtual DJ on the list of audio software that doesn't work with MicroBook II CueMix FX.

I will let you add it to the list ...
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=50437
marat

Post by marat »

Hi there! I got new Microbook ii, using it with MacbookPro 10.6.8 and Logic 9. Can't get a signal through headphones output, main output is OK. When I turn on a sound generator in CueMix FX with pink or white noise, I can hear it well in headphones, so the headphones out is working. But I can't get a sound from my Logic or iTunes through headphones on Microbook.
Does anyone know how to set it up? Am I dumb?:)
perlad

Post by perlad »

No Marat, you are not dumb, I have the same problem and so it seems do a lot of others, I really hope someone can help with this! If someone has found a solution, please walk me/us through it step by step (OK, so maybe I am a little bit dumb)!
okivoki

Post by okivoki »

I have the same problem, someone help me!!!!
MOTU_Tech
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MOTU_Tech »

Hello,

The MicroBook II ships with a green instructions pamphlet that will walk you through configuring the Phones output. If you have misplaced this, you can also view the same instructions via this TechNote:

http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... le-outputs

To clarify, when properly configured the MicroBook II's Phones output is indeed compatible with many of the softwares in the above linked thread.

If you still have issues, contact Tech Support by phone or TechLink for assistance.

Cheers,
Lorne
MOTU Tech Support

Please advise all technical inquires should be submitted directly to MOTU's support channels (phone and online support).
FutureLegends
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FutureLegends »

I like cats too, and even my cat can figure out how to send a signal to the phones output...
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
Jerry55
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Jerry55 »

You should use micrbook for virtual dj. :(
jerry55