Tremolo marking on stems in Quickscribe?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jstaczek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tremolo marking on stems in Quickscribe?

Post by jstaczek »

Hello All,

Been through the manual and can't figure out whether it's possible to put tremolo slashes on stems in Quickscribe. In fact, I can't find any references to stems at all. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Staczek
www.chromasound.net
Dual 2.5G G5, 6.5G RAM, DP 5.13, OS 10.4.11
MBP 17", 3G RAM, DP 5.13, OS 10.4.11
Pro Tools HD2 Accel, 828mkII, FastLane, Logic 8
FMiguelez

Re: Tremolo marking on stems in Quickscribe?

Post by FMiguelez »

I wish it could do this, but I'm afraid it doesn't support it :(

QS is really for making elemental lead sheets and things like that. Nothing really professional, as opposed to the other functions of DP that do rock.

I suggest you let MOTU know about your wishes. Perhaps they might one day listen to enough people and realize that improving QS is the way to go (instead of more guitar plugins).

Anyway, if you are doing a score, you need a professional dedicated music notation app, such as Finale. I think Finale is as good as it gets.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
jstaczek

Re: Tremolo marking on stems in Quickscribe?

Post by jstaczek »

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I use Sibelius for proper music prep, but was using Quickscribe to knock out something fast from a sequence. I'd let MOTU know, but my suggestions over the years have gone into a black hole...

Jason
Jason Staczek
www.chromasound.net
Dual 2.5G G5, 6.5G RAM, DP 5.13, OS 10.4.11
MBP 17", 3G RAM, DP 5.13, OS 10.4.11
Pro Tools HD2 Accel, 828mkII, FastLane, Logic 8