DP 7 ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Armageddon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7 ?

Post by Armageddon »

uoiva wrote:That is why I love R••••• 4 , not Reason ( why can´t the name be seen on the post ? ) . Because 90 % of all my vst plugins ( both 32 and 64 )works great .
Not sure why it's not letting you post the name of the DAW in question (is it "*Reaper"?). The MIDI specs for DP are excellent, and if you happen to be scoring film or video, it's flat-out amazing. Something I forgot to mention to both you and to Shooshie from his previous post: since DP8 is allegedly going to be able to use VST plugs, the Waves' AU/DP dilemma may not even be an issue. I hope that doesn't prohibit Waves from fixing their problems with their AU plugs working in DP, since I'd rather use AU over VST (and would rather not have the confusing issue of MAS/AU/VST all trying to run in the same DAW at the same time). Which begs another question .., does this mean MAS is still going to be a thing? And if so, does that mean MAS will now also exist in Windoze? I've suspected for a while (since DP4, actually) that they were eventually planning on scrapping MAS in favor of CoreAudio. Having DP use the native audio system (CoreAudio or Direct-X on Windoze) instead of MAS would make sense ...

*(Edit: it IS [name of program blocked out by author] [spaced out here to avoid censoring]. Weird that the message board is blanking it out!)
Last edited by Armageddon on Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

My understanding is that it will be VST for Windows, and AU for Mac.

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
uoiva
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by uoiva »

Armageddon wrote:
uoiva wrote:That is why I love R••••• 4 , not Reason ( why can´t the name be seen on the post ? ) . Because 90 % of all my vst plugins ( both 32 and 64 )works great .
Not sure why it's not letting you post the name of the DAW in question (is it "*R•••••"?). The MIDI specs for DP are excellent, and if you happen to be scoring film or video, it's flat-out amazing. Something I forgot to mention to both you and to Shooshie from his previous post: since DP8 is allegedly going to be able to use VST plugs, the Waves' AU/DP dilemma may not even be an issue. I hope that doesn't prohibit Waves from fixing their problems with their AU plugs working in DP, since I'd rather use AU over VST (and would rather not have the confusing issue of MAS/AU/VST all trying to run in the same DAW at the same time). Which begs another question .., does this mean MAS is still going to be a thing? And if so, does that mean MAS will now also exist in Windoze? I've suspected for a while (since DP4, actually) that they were eventually planning on scrapping MAS in favor of CoreAudio. Having DP use the native audio system (CoreAudio or Direct-X on Windoze) instead of MAS would make sense ...

*(Edit: it IS R e a p e r [spaced out here to avoid censoring]. Weird that the message board is blanking it out!)
Yes thats my DAW . It will be interresting when DP8 comes to Sweden . But first I must buy some good monitor speakers .
Windows 7 64 bit , intel i7 processor with 8 cores , 16 GB RAM .
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Armageddon wrote:
Not sure why it's not letting you post the name of the DAW in question (is it "*R•••••"?).

*(Edit: it IS R * * * * [spaced out here to avoid censoring]. Weird that the message board is blanking it out!)
Please don't try to circumvent the board's setting. It did not happen by accident, you know?.
That's the way James wants it and that's the way it is. That "DAW" is a Persona non grata around here (or would that be programa non grata?). I would've thought you knew about this... :?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
AnthonyS
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by AnthonyS »

FMiguelez wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
Not sure why it's not letting you post the name of the DAW in question (is it "*R•••••"?).

*(Edit: it IS R * * * * [spaced out here to avoid censoring]. Weird that the message board is blanking it out!)
Please don't try to circumvent the board's setting. It did not happen by accident, you know?.
That's the way James wants it and that's the way it is. That "DAW" is a Persona non grata around here (or would that be programa non grata?). I would've thought you knew about this... :?
Yes. Just do a forum search for R***** and you'll see why
MacBook Pro 15" 2G QuadCore i7,8G RAM, 20"Intel iMac 2.4Ghz , 4G RAM.OSX 10.8.3 on both, DP 7.24, MOTU 828MK3, AudioBox 1818, KRK Rokit 6G2, Omnisphere 1.5, Komplete 8, Amplitube 2&3, SampleTank, Sonik Synth2, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Ivory 2, Philharmonik, EWQL MOR, SC, SOG, SD2, Reason 6, Waves, McDSP, Slate Digital VCC, FGX, Sound Toys.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

FMiguelez wrote:Please don't try to circumvent the board's setting. It did not happen by accident, you know?.
Actually, I didn't! Usually, when that sort of thing happens, I assume it's an automatic censoring from the message board's engine, like it was being misinterpreted as profanity or something. I won't even ask about the story behind that one. I know about the DAW in question only via infrequent mentions on other boards and around the 'net, so it's certainly not something I'd have ever mentioned on my own ...
stephentaylor wrote:My understanding is that it will be VST for Windows, and AU for Mac.
That makes a bit more sense -- I couldn't envision MOTU embracing VST for Mac (though it'll make cross-platforming a bit weird).
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page