Eastwest Play 3 and Kontakt 4 empty, 44.1 vs 48

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
daveswallace
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Eastwest Play 3 and Kontakt 4 empty, 44.1 vs 48

Post by daveswallace »

This one really makes me hate life. I opened a file I haven't touched for a few months to created another piece based on that work, but none of the instruments loaded. Let me bes specific - none of the instruments within each instance of Kontakt and Play loaded. I've opened other files, but they all appear intact.

I decided it was a good idea to start working in 48 instead of 44.1, since a lot of my work is for film based projects. This was that first file I made the attempt to switch with, but ran into some initial problems in conversion and ended up working in 44.1. However, that was early on.

The instruments were left enabled when I closed the file, and the only other thing I did was duplicate the file before opening it. So much for quickly rearranging this piece. Now I have to sort through and reload everything back into my VI's before I go to work.
Mac OS 10.9
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 w/16 GB RAM
DP7.24
daveswallace

Re: Eastwest Play 3 and Kontakt 4 empty, 44.1 vs 48

Post by daveswallace »

Let me also add that my original piece is gone forever - all my custom inserts, distortions, reverbs, and saturations have been removed with their instruments. I'm extremely frustrated.
Mac OS 10.9
DP7.24
zed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by zed »

Don't you have any AutoSave copies?

Always, always, always create backup copies of your work so that stuff like this doesn't happen when the main file gets corrupted. I know that doesn't help you now, if you don't have any backups.

As well as the AutoSaves, I also dupicate my DP project every day that I work on it so that I can always go back to the way it was before I started working on it on a particular day.

So sorry that this happened to you. :-(
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
daveswallace

Post by daveswallace »

Yes, I had an autosave, but that one was destroyed as well. In fact, it's happening on another file too, but the autosave is intact. Really need to figure this thing out! I definitely think it's related to the 44.1 vs 48 issue.
Mac OS 10.9
DP7.24