Motu 24 i/o Sample Rate Auto-changing Solved

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
capsize
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Motu 24 i/o Sample Rate Auto-changing Solved

Post by capsize »

Hello,

I purchased a new Motu 24 i/o a few weeks ago, it might be the best hardware purchase Ive made in years -- VERY happy with it, cant believe I didnt buy it sooner -- im a new big Motu fan

We are using Windows 7 Home and Reaper for our DAW, and we noticed that the sample rate on the Motu would change periodically, on its own. Turns out that the windows notifications that had sounds on them were triggering the Motu to send the outputs out at a lower sample rate, changing it from 48 to 44.1.

We just re-installed windows recently and I forgot to take care of this part, but turning off system sounds and all system notifications seemed to solve the issue.

Wanted to post this in case anyone has trouble in the future.

thanks!
mhurwitz

Re: Motu 24 i/o Sample Rate Auto-changing Solved

Post by mhurwitz »

I am having this issue too. Thanks. Where did you turn off system notifications? Thanks, MOH
capsize

Post by capsize »

in your start menu you should have a search box. type notifications, hit enter and the control panel should pop open.

otherwise - Control Panel > Notification Area Icons
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by torrentg »

All you need to do is set your default output as shown and the problem will go away:

billruys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by billruys »

Over the years, I have found that it's a good idea to turn off all sounds (set your sound scheme to "No Sounds") on your DAW. This is not just to avoid the problem mentioned earlier in this thread...

I have had occasions in the past where I've been working on a very quiet passage in a performance, so I have turned up the volume high so I can hear what I'm doing. Next thing "DING!!!" - a super-loud windows notification has almost put me through the roof - especially when working late at night.

Not good for the nerves :shock:
mhurwitz

Post by mhurwitz »

I set my default device and checked the "allow application exclusive control" option. I'm still getting unwanted sample rate changes. Any ideas?
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by torrentg »

mhurwitz wrote:I set my default device and checked the "allow application exclusive control" option. I'm still getting unwanted sample rate changes. Any ideas?
Right click the speaker icon near the clock and choose Sounds. Set the scheme to No Sounds. See if that helps at all.
mhurwitz

Post by mhurwitz »

Thanks! That seems to have done it.
stosostu

Post by stosostu »

This is an old thread, but after searching for a fix for this problem, I finally found it here, turn off Windows sounds. Belated thankyou.