X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3 RESOLVED

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Tanner
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3

Post by Tanner »

Thanks for responding quickly!

Updates have been done - actually 3.0.1 was also buggy but when I upgraded it got worse.

Will try reinstalling MF3 after trying the free player you mentioned.

I'm worried it's an issue with my new Mac as I rarely get this stumped.

Also waiting from a motu response

Kind regards

Tanner
hugy

Post by hugy »

Tanner wrote:Thanks for responding quickly!

Updates have been done - actually 3.0.1 was also buggy but when I upgraded it got worse.

Will try reinstalling MF3 after trying the free player you mentioned.

I'm worried it's an issue with my new Mac as I rarely get this stumped.

Also waiting from a motu response

Kind regards

Tanner
check my answer as well
I'm 99% sure that this is your issue.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Wow
Hugy, thanks

Silly me... I registered the MF3 and didn't realize I needed to register the Xtreme SFX separately... the lesson learnt: Read the docs!!!!

I was going crazy... got myself to blame

Now the X-TremeFX.ufs does load...

Thanks all you experts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
mixmaster3000

Post by mixmaster3000 »

I had the same pb and I copied the .ufs1 to a usb flashdrive then the second normally from the dvd to the hard drive, it finally worked :)
rwb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rwb »

I am a bit mystified by this XTREME FX authorization that came with the MachFive 3 package. The authorization process on the associated sheet of paper (same one, but other side) as the MachFive authorization says to go to ultimatesoundbank.com. The MachFive manual pg. 89 says go to ilok.com. The number of characters in the license code does not match the format for authorization on EITHER site! The instruction on this paper give two steps:
1) Visit ultimatesoundbank.com
2) Check your email

A very skimpy set of instructions to say the least. Going to their site, registering as a new user (even when they say don't do this if you have ever registered ANY usb ilok before) and then trying to figure out where to enter this code is not working.

So anyone who has registered this product, how did you do it???
Thanks!
Follow Your Bliss.
-Joseph Campbell
Mac Pro dual core 2.66, 20gb Ram, DP 7.24, Protools 8LE, MachFive 3, MX4, Absynth, B4 II, Reaktor 4.0, Massive, FM 8, Unisyn 2.0, MTP AV, Steinberg UR824, Digi 002, Mackie Control Pro, Kurzweil K2600xs & K2000r
hugy

Post by hugy »

first you need to create a ilok account on the ilok website.
Then on the ultimatesoundbank website, you register as a new user and enter the XFX serial.

They will deposit an auth on your ilok account, that is why you need to first register an account on the iLok website.

Hope this clarify things.
rwb

Post by rwb »

Cool Thanks! But one question. Where is the serial number? It isn't on the disk. It is not in the manual. The sheet MOTU gave me has a Xtreme FX license code but no serial number.
Follow Your Bliss.
-Joseph Campbell
Mac Pro dual core 2.66, 20gb Ram, DP 7.24, Protools 8LE, MachFive 3, MX4, Absynth, B4 II, Reaktor 4.0, Massive, FM 8, Unisyn 2.0, MTP AV, Steinberg UR824, Digi 002, Mackie Control Pro, Kurzweil K2600xs & K2000r
hugy

Post by hugy »

rwb wrote:Cool Thanks! But one question. Where is the serial number? It isn't on the disk. It is not in the manual. The sheet MOTU gave me has a Xtreme FX license code but no serial number.
the serial is the licence code.

Sorry for the wrong term use.
rwb

Post by rwb »

I wish it were that simple. You see the at ultimatesoundbank.com they want a format for the serial numer that looks like this:
XFX-XXX
That looks nothing like the license code which looks like this:
UVIxxx-xxxxxxxxx
Plus they ask for a challenge code! There is nothing mentioned about a challenge code on the product.
That license code does not fit into the ilok site (I have registered machfive and other products there as well) It looks like this:
xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx

So nothing is working. The documentation from MOTU says two different things and neither works. This is just a tad frustrating. I suppose I can call MOTU on Monday. In any case I appreciate any assistance.
Follow Your Bliss.
-Joseph Campbell
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I believe you have to go to the UVI site to get the challenge code and have to be registered at Ultimate Soundbank to do so.

http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/account.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rwb

Post by rwb »

Yes I have been there. The selection offered is "Register A New Product." Within that page is a drop-down menu that has only one choice that fits and that is:
Xtreme FX -(old version challenge code)
Once again this is the place where the only number that I have (license code) does not fit. They ask for a challenge code there as well.
Follow Your Bliss.
-Joseph Campbell
hugy

Post by hugy »

rwb wrote:Yes I have been there. The selection offered is "Register A New Product." Within that page is a drop-down menu that has only one choice that fits and that is:
Xtreme FX -(old version challenge code)
Once again this is the place where the only number that I have (license code) does not fit. They ask for a challenge code there as well.
You shouldn't use the old version. This is for the old standalone product named XFX as well.

There should be a second option for the soundbank version.
MIDI Life Crisis

X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3

There is no problem using a previously installed version of the card (Xtreme FX is called a card by the mfg). I never installed the version that came with M5-3 and it works fine as is.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
hugy

Post by hugy »

I was talking about this one

http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/xtremf ... doc=plugin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MIDI Life Crisis

hugy wrote:I was talking about this one

http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/xtremf ... doc=plugin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yikes! I never even saw that before! I bought PSP and added XtremeFX later (as a card) so that interface is alien to me (in several ways). Looks kind of cool, actually. Sorry I missed it - I think.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS