X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3 RESOLVED

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

rwb
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3

Post by rwb »

My issue was solved by MOTU Support. I was looking at the wrong selection on the drop down menu. Thanks for the help here as well! :D
Follow Your Bliss.
-Joseph Campbell
Mac Pro dual core 2.66, 20gb Ram, DP 7.24, Protools 8LE, MachFive 3, MX4, Absynth, B4 II, Reaktor 4.0, Massive, FM 8, Unisyn 2.0, MTP AV, Steinberg UR824, Digi 002, Mackie Control Pro, Kurzweil K2600xs & K2000r
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: X-TremeFX.ufs1 does not load! MachFive3 RESOLVED

Post by mhschmieder »

The new version of Extreme FX is all in one file, simplifying things.

I just rigorously compared this version vs. the old in both MachFive and the latest UVI Workstation update, and it is compatible with both.

Go to their website to download it. It is safe to delete the older version (both files) afterwards.

Also, it is best to have a UVISoundBanks folder on your Library drive and make an Alias to it in the Application Support area, as some of these UVI sound banks (including the new freebie Mellotron library just released this week, at over 1 GB!) are quite large.

Also, you can copy Ethno and MSI sound banks there and make individual file aliases under the MOTU subdirectories in the Application Support area. In the case of Ethno, you need to do this for three files (.ufs, .ufs1, and .ufs2).

By keeping all of your UVI-compatible sound banks in one place, they are always easy to find by all UVI-based apps. This is also good for troubleshooting if a MachFive, Ethno, or MSI update has an incompatibility. It also reduces confusion as each of these apps temporarily "adds" externally loaded sound banks to the SoundBanks list while the app is running, but not on re-launch.

I spent a good deal of time with this tonight due to the Mellotron library and the UVI Workstation update which takes it ahead of MachFive (until its next update arrives). I highly recommend this approach as future-proof and trouble-free.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH