Movie Sound Explained -- a nice new presentation

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Movie Sound Explained -- a nice new presentation

Post by mhschmieder »

My employer has just produced and posted a nice presentation called "Movie Sound Explained", that I think will be interesting to people at all levels of film scoring and post-production:

http://meyersound.com/news/2011/exp_process/

I was kind of taken by surprise by this posting today, so now I'm curious to find out who all was involved. I've already learned a lot that I "thought" I already knew, such as the difference between Foley and Sound Effects. :oops:

Apologies in advance if people are insulted by the product boosts that are sprinkled throughout the descriptions of process and terminology. Just try to enjoy it as a general outline of the overall workflow and integration of sound with film vs. as an "advertisement". :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Movie Sound Explained -- a nice new presentation

Post by bdr »

Fantastic, thanks to you and your employer for this. I'll be sending this link to my film scoring class.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.