Documentation Templates?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
ripeart
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Documentation Templates?

Post by ripeart »

Hi folks!

Is anyone aware of any tracking or documentation templates that exist as a download anywhere? I'm currently documenting my configs and settings by typing in a text file and then referencing it in clippings, but I would sure like a form I could fill out by hand on a clipboard then scan it in later.

Any ideas? Googling up "audio mixing documentation" etc... isn't helping.

Thanks so much!

-ripe
'11 MacBook Pro 10.6.8 i7, 8GB, DP 7.22 | Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Absynth, NI Komplete, Waves Mercury, Nugen, SoundToys
Dynaudio 6a, Avantone Mixcubes, Event 20/20, Focusrite ISA One, DBX 160x, DBX 386, DBX 1066, Mindprint, 828.2, Lexicon PCM-91, Oxygen 25, Yamaha P-85, Midisport 2x2
Neumann TLM-103, Rode NT1a, Fathead Ribbon, Fender, Gibson, Taylor acoustics, PRS & Schecter guits, Vox VT120+, GK-MB112, etc...
ripeart

Documentation Templates?

Post by ripeart »

I'm so glad I can help by providing a link I found. (sarcasm)

For anyone who may be interested or for someone who comes here searching, check out

Barryrudolph.com/pages/recalldirectory.html

He has not only recall sheets but product manuals as well. Tons of em!

Glad I could add to the collective knowledge of this board since clearly no one knew about this. :P :)
'11 MacBook Pro 10.6.8 i7, 8GB, DP 7.22 | Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Absynth, NI Komplete, Waves Mercury, Nugen, SoundToys
Dynaudio 6a, Avantone Mixcubes, Event 20/20, Focusrite ISA One, DBX 160x, DBX 386, DBX 1066, Mindprint, 828.2, Lexicon PCM-91, Oxygen 25, Yamaha P-85, Midisport 2x2
Neumann TLM-103, Rode NT1a, Fathead Ribbon, Fender, Gibson, Taylor acoustics, PRS & Schecter guits, Vox VT120+, GK-MB112, etc...
Gaston18

Re: Documentation Templates?

Post by Gaston18 »

ripeart wrote:Hi folks!

Is anyone aware of any tracking or documentation templates that exist as a download anywhere? I'm currently documenting my configs and settings by typing in a text file and then referencing it in clippings, but I would sure like a form I could fill out by hand on a clipboard then scan it in later.

Any ideas? Googling up "audio mixing documentation" etc... isn't helping.

Thanks so much!

-ripe
hi ripeart, sorry i don't know exactly about tracking or documentation templates but what i know about templates i can share with you in my this post. In phpList a template is re-usable HTML code with all the standard layout and text elements of your message. For a newsletter template this would typically consist of the title heading, a logo, at the top part, and the preferences and unsubscription links at the bottom part. A template does not include the contents of the message, as this would change for each edition of the message. It should however include the 'placeholder' which is used to insert the contents of the message later on.Let's say you designed your template in your favorite HTML editor, included some text to serve as an example and saved it as a HTML file.

Now open the HTML file in a text editor and split it in 3 parts:
1. the top part, which in phpList corresponds to the template top area
2. the text contents part, which corresponds to the message contents that is to be inserted later on.
3. the bottom part, which corresponds to the template bottom area.
I don't know whether it will help you or not. Kinda share views.