Clockworks ≠ Lion?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
williemyers
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Clockworks ≠ Lion?

Post by williemyers »

this may only apply to the few of us still using MOTU hardware MIDI interfaces (MTP-AV, etc.) but it appears that the latest Clockworks (v1.51, a PowerPC app) would not run on Lion? Ah well, I guess you can still set the interface from it's front panel, as long as the current MIDI driver is o.k. w/Lion. and *it* was probably updated in the 7.24 update.
Perhaps a Clockworks revision is in the.....works! :wink:
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
James Steele
Site Administrator

Clockworks ≠ Lion?

Post by James Steele »

williemyers wrote:Perhaps a Clockworks revision is in the.....works! :wink:
I would be shocked if it wasn't. I think MOTU knows that there are still plenty of users that have a need for this. I don't know for sure myself, but I'll forward this to a contact at MOTU and see if they can answer this. Can't guarantee anything. You know that MOTU is better at keeping secrets than the CIA! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Re: Clockworks ≠ Lion?

Post by Shooshie »

James Steele wrote:
williemyers wrote:Perhaps a Clockworks revision is in the.....works! :wink:
I would be shocked if it wasn't. I think MOTU knows that there are still plenty of users that have a need for this. I don't know for sure myself, but I'll forward this to a contact at MOTU and see if they can answer this. Can't guarantee anything. You know that MOTU is better at keeping secrets than the CIA! :)

Ha! Just wait until Wikileaks puts out the REAL story behind Unisyn; a mild-mannered synth librarian by day, who turned to booze, drugs, and wild SysEx orgies when the voluptuous VI's started moving into its territory and stealing all its thunder. Or the story of Mach Five… the most talented sampler in the Universe! Until its parents at MOTU all but abandoned it, not even bothering to buy it a new pair of shoes for years on end. M5 was last seen on a street corner in Silicon Valley, begging programmers to "just write me a script! Really, I can do scripts! Please, give me a chance… just a script with some meat in it!" Sad. Really sad. And I won't even mention MOTU Symphonic Idiot (MSI), whose oboe can't even play high C.

Yes, MOTU keeps secrets better than the CIA. Like… where did they bury Mosaic? And what REALLY happened to Professional Composer? Did it just get replaced? Or did it drive off a cliff in a drunken stupor after kids taunted it for not being able to handle beaming across barlines? Eh? What's the REAL truth?

Yep… secrets. Someday the world is going to know the truth, MOTU! But you can buy my silence by making sure that DP works with Spaces, and that they can be saved in Window Sets.. forever. I promise I won't divulge any secrets if you just feed my addiction to convenience! As long as DP is the best DAW ever, you have my undying loyalty… or do you???

Let's talk about my old favorite scoring app, Mosaic. Maybe it's not… dead.
:lol:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
heyitsjimi

Post by heyitsjimi »

Shooshie, you rock, buddy. Your short story wasn't all that "tongue in cheek". Let us know when you put out a detective novel. I'm sure it'll be a best-seller....& then the movie.....
Best wishes !!!
DP 7.24, MacBook Pro/2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 /1 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
MOTU MTPAV, EWQL SO Gold, SD2, Gypsy, Spectrasonics Trilian, XLN Audio Addictive Drums, Addictive Keys, IK Total Workstation, AmpliTube 3, Ampeg SVX, T RackS3, CSR, NI B4 II, Yellow Tools Ind. Pro, and etc, etc ..other reverbs,delays, phasers, chorus,comps, etc. Mostly ancient synths, digital piano, mixer, outboard fx, controllers....yadayada
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

heyitsjimi wrote:Shooshie, you rock, buddy. Your short story wasn't all that "tongue in cheek". Let us know when you put out a detective novel. I'm sure it'll be a best-seller....& then the movie.....
Best wishes !!!
Ha! I'd forgotten that one. Made myself laugh!

Thanks for dredging it up. Just disregard that cable stretching out into the swamp with those old boxes dangling from it. Boxes with things like "Mosaic," or MOTU Symphonic Idiot, or FreeStyle. You don't want to know about those. Those are not the boxes you are looking for.

;)
Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I'd LOVE for Window Sets to be "Spaces-aware!" I've asked a few times for this.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!