DP 7.23 NOT WORKING UNDER DAE

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
musicb3
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 7.23 NOT WORKING UNDER DAE

Post by musicb3 »

Hi there,

I have just upgraded to PT9 HD. This also installed new audio drivers.
When I open DP under DAE and the track starts, a message reads "DP is not receiving a clock signal from the audio hardware". I also get the same message running under MAS.

Audio MIDI menu is set to Digidesign hardware, clock internal. DP transport bar is set to clock internal. Checked Configure Audio Menu. These are all DAE settings and are correct. I also deleted the DP preference file in the user/library/preferences.

All was working previously with PT8, but now DP only works with the built in computer i/o. On my MacBook pro DAE will not load.

The read-me file for DP 7.23 states that Digital Performer supports DAE version 8.0–8.0.3. Also 7.23 is anticipated to be the final version of Digital Performer to support the use of DAE as the audio engine. 7.23 was released July 6, some time after PT9.

Please comment if you are using DP under DAE. Thanks!
Mac Pro 266 Ghz 6 Ghz ram, OSX 10.6.8, Protools HD, Apogee AD-16X, RME ADI-8 D/S, True Audio P8. DP 7.22, Protools 9.03, HD3 pack, Massive Pack 8, logic Pro 8, B4 11, Kontact 4.
Frodo

Re: DP 7.23 NOT WORKING UNDER DAE

Post by Frodo »

From MOTU:

To use Digital Performer 7 under DAE mode:

DP 7.0–7.02: Pro Tools 7.2 – 8.0.1 is required; Pro Tools 7.4 or later is recommended. Pro Tools 8.0.3 or later is not compatible.

DP 7.1–7.22: Pro Tools 8.0 – 8.0.3 is required; Pro Tools 8.0 cs3 or later is recommended.

Using DAE 8.0.3 requires that Pro Tools be installed before installing Digital Performer 7.1 or later; if Pro Tools 8.0.3 is installed after Digital Performer 7.1 or later, the Digital Performer installer will need to be run again for DAE to function properly.

If none of these apply, contact MOTU directly.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
tripit@earthlink.net

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

DP will not work with PT9. I have it working with PT8.04 just fine, but it wouldn't work with 8.1.
musicb3

Post by musicb3 »

Thank you for your responses. DP does not work with the latest version of DAE. I will contact MOTU. Uninstalled and re-installed DP; still not working. Cannot use lower versions than PT9.

I have older sessions recorded in DP that need remixing using the PT plug-ins. There is allot of track automation in these sessions and DP was working really well under DAE. When exporting to OMF the automation data is not copied.

The irony is that PT9 HD is virtually identical to PT8 HD. My $350 upgrade was just so it could be used on a laptop! I have been using DP since it was Performer and most of the upgrades are free, offering many enhancements.
Mac Pro 266 Ghz 6 Ghz ram, OSX 10.6.8, Protools HD, Apogee AD-16X, RME ADI-8 D/S, True Audio P8. DP 7.22, Protools 9.03, HD3 pack, Massive Pack 8, logic Pro 8, B4 11, Kontact 4.