Mono/Stereo Tracks in DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
melenko
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mono/Stereo Tracks in DP

Post by melenko »

Hello,
I face a problem.
I have to do a remix. The files(AIFF) send to me are pretended to be mono (coming from Logic). I asked to have them without any plug on.
DP refuses to place those tracks on mono tracks, but only in stereo tracks. In the Seq/Edit. those tracks seem to be real mono tracks. I mean I have a graph ubove, and nothing under.
It is so impossible to mix anything, because all comes mono Left on my monitors.The Pan function does not solve the problem.
In the DP folder, those tracks are well mono, no sign of L/R.
What's the problem? And how could I solve it?
Thank's for any reply, and don't be anger if I don't answer immediately, I'm off for 8 days.
But I will read soon as I return.
MacPro 2.66 - 8Go ram-10.6.2 /DP7.2/URS plugs/Kontakt4/PlugsoundPro/StylusRMX/EZDrummer/Superior/Altiverb/Ozone4/Sonnox/etc...Neve 8801/RME ffce 800
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mono/Stereo Tracks in DP

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

How are the tracks names? Do they have .L and .R in the names? If so, remove those characters from the names and they should import as mono tracks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:How are the tracks names? Do they have .L and .R in the names? If so, remove those characters from the names and they should import as mono tracks.
If that doesn't do it, there are three other things to try:

Open the files in QuickTime and export as .wav. I use this often to fix files from other studios that don't behave in DP. Usually, I'm converting temperamental .wav files to .aif but it works both ways.

Use DP to split the files into two mono files. Yea, I know but, if DP really sees these as stereo files, this should work.

Use the M-S plug in to decode the file into two files. Mute one and use the other.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Come to think of it, maybe even the trim plug.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS