Terrible mistake by the iTunes store about Prokofiev...

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Terrible mistake by the iTunes store about Prokofiev...

Post by FMiguelez »

They are attributing Camille Saint-Saëns' Carnival of the Animals to Prokofiev?

Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Terrible mistake by the iTunes store about Prokofiev...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Well, sort of... C of the A is on the same album as Peter and the Wolf (which is by S. Pro.). The listing is actually showing the name of first composer on the album (alphabetically?). If you go to the album, all is well and Serge continues to receive his SESAC checks and 1/2 or 1% of the iTunes sales on his portion of the album. Unless you are looking at a different listing than the one I could call up?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I think we are looking at the same album.
I was telling my girlfriend about Peter and the Wolf. I was looking for a version in spanish (that's when I saw that CD with the wolf in the cover).

I can barely see SS's name in the cover of the album. It's there. The back must be much clearer. So it's obvious if you look at the physical album, but for someone who is browsing the iTunes store it really looks like Prokofiev wrote the C of the A (like in the picture I posted above).

I had never seen that problem where there was more than one composer in the same album.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

They make that mistake all the time with the Beatles songs I wrote. I never see a Penny (Lane) from any of 'em... j/k... (duh!) but yes, it is confusing. You see stuff like this happen in iTunes as well when playing back pieces. Neville Mariner wrote so much baroque music according to my iphone and ipad. LOL!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS