First I laughed.. then.. Selling templates bizz?!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

First I laughed.. then.. Selling templates bizz?!

Post by Radiogal »

This guy/studio are selling their ProTools templates for quite some Pounds...
http://www.mayfair-studios.co.uk/ and go to the ONLINE STORE.

What you think?

Let´s exchange DP templates with eachother FOR FREE!!! 8)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: First I laughed.. then.. Selling templates bizz?!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I guess if it's worth it to someone too lazy to create a freakin' template. I wonder if he has actually sold any? It seems like he's trying to cash in on his chop; not that there's nothing wrong with that.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I remember when Toontrack had to put out a template to route independent audio outs into various DAWs because the way they set it up was the opposite of intuitive. Lots of users were just baffled by it. I think Toontrack might have been baffled by the necessity because of their desire to create a drum VI that did "all" the work for the user. Once I downloaded their template it was clear that I would have never figured it out.

I've shared "template fragments" before, but I wouldn't want make any assumptions about how other people work. Template fragments can be helpful because it solves one problem and would enable other users to adapt odd routings to their own complete project templates. But where VIs and plugins may not be identical in AU world from one user to the next, the ProTools idea is much more limited and, perhaps, a tad more universally adopted.

Template Fragments--

I can see a real benefit. It would save a lot of verbal discussion and image uploads where the implementation of certain VIs would make common sense defy both "commonality" and "sense".

As for my personal project templates? Most of you would gnaw me in twain if you saw them (or me). :lol: :lol:
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Frodo wrote:Most of you would gnaw me in twain if you saw them (or me). :lol: :lol:
You'll be getting no such favors from me, buddy! OK, maybe... :rofl:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
You'll be getting no such favors from me, buddy! OK, maybe... :rofl:
Nein, danke! I'll keep me templates to me-self. Being gnawed in twain is not a pleasant concept.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Tim

Post by Tim »

I tried it and my kick drum was way too loud in the mix, so I'm gonna ask him for my money back.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I doubt they'll retire on the money from their sales.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

:shock: :shock:

Damn, they want some serious $$$ for those templates!
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||