Just MAS

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midiw
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Just MAS

Post by midiw »

I have a zillion AU and VST's but when i launch DP i only want to launch the MAS plugs.

I have had to re-install DP7. Before i make the first launch how do i just have the MOTU MAS plugs load up. In other words, I don't want to see the indexing of all my AU and VST plugs because this time around I only want to use the MOTU plugs.
Mac OS: Mojave
jarok

Re: Just MAS

Post by jarok »

Hi

You can use the Audio Unit Manager for removing AU.s temporary.

Download here:

http://download.cnet.com/Audio-Unit-Man ... 89957.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jarok
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trio-Trout/140467307206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
midiw

Post by midiw »

Many thanks, iwill try it.

Enjoyed going thru your face book and playing some of the performance: you guys are gooooooood.
billf

Post by billf »

midiw wrote:I have a zillion AU and VST's but when i launch DP i only want to launch the MAS plugs.

I have had to re-install DP7. Before i make the first launch how do i just have the MOTU MAS plugs load up. In other words, I don't want to see the indexing of all my AU and VST plugs because this time around I only want to use the MOTU plugs.
Audio Unit Manager is a great utility for this. However, if you want to handle everything manually, plugins can be found in:

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins

You'll see several folders there: Components (which are AU), VST, MAS, and so on. There are two Library folders. One is at the system level (usually your main hard drive), the other is under your user account. Be careful if you manipulate these manually though. Copy them, back them up, and be sure to put them back in the correct spot.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Just MAS

Post by James Steele »

It might behoove you to just "tough it out" and let DP gather info on you AUs the first time. Then you can go into DPs prefs and set it so none of only some of the plugs will load in the future. That will save you from having to move AUs back into the Components folder when you use other apps.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

AudioFinder has a very effective plugin manager.
Can save reports of your current plugins setup. This report can be saved within a DP project folder for future use, years later!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.5, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480, Sparkverb
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

... and you can hit the "skip" button repeatedly until the examination window disappears...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

If you pull "MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle" out of the MAS plug-ins folder, DP won't load any AUs.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
midiw

Post by midiw »

carrythebanner wrote:If you pull "MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle" out of the MAS plug-ins folder, DP won't load any AUs.
Thanks, nice and easy solution.
barreltone

Post by barreltone »

When you say you want only MAS plugins to load, do you mean only the ones that came with DP, or do you include third party MAS plugins, too?

If you only want the plugins that came with DP, press the option key while DP loads, then select Safe from the select plug-in set drop-down menu, and click OK. Then you'll get only the MAS plugins that ship with DP.

You can also create custom plugin sets, so if you want to include third-party MAS plugs, you can pull the MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle, then create a plugin set from the plugins that load, in Preferences, under Audio Plug-ins.

Good luck!
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem,OS X 10.6.8, MOTU 896HD, DP 7.24, Finale 2009, MSI, Izotope Trash, Spectron, Ozone 4, Alloy, Rx2
midiw

Post by midiw »

barreltone,
Thanks, another easy to do solution for me.

Actually not aware of that "option" trick: yep, hate reading manuals.