How to get MIDI back into BPM sequencer- Solved

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

How to get MIDI back into BPM sequencer- Solved

Post by joker77 »

If I tap out a basic sequence from my controller into my daw, how can I then import this MIDI file back into BPM's sequencer? I'd like to be able to get the basic feel down,then drag this back into Bpm's sequencer if possible,for further mangling.. thanks
Last edited by joker77 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
hugy

Re: How to get MIDI back into BPM sequencer

Post by hugy »

Just DnD the MIDI file on the sequencer window.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Hi,
I understand how to DnD MIDI from BPM to my daw/sequencer eg:studio one, but what I want to do is take MIDI from my daw/sequencer studio one, back into the edit window of BPM,is this not possible? vice versa

I tried dragging the MIDI clip back into BPM's sequencer,but it doesn't work here.Fwiw I'm using latest version of Studio One,not sure if certain apps support this or not,but figured S1 would if it's a matter of DnD..
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
hugy

Post by hugy »

joker77 wrote:Hi,
I understand how to DnD MIDI from BPM to my daw/sequencer eg:studio one, but what I want to do is take MIDI from my daw/sequencer studio one, back into the edit window of BPM,is this not possible? vice versa

I tried dragging the MIDI clip back into BPM's sequencer,but it doesn't work here.Fwiw I'm using latest version of Studio One,not sure if certain apps support this or not,but figured S1 would if it's a matter of DnD..
Export the MIDI file in S1 then DND the file to BPM sequencer window.
The issue is that maybe S1 do not allow DnD MIDI file.
It's easy to verify. Just try to DnD the MIDI clip to the Windows Desktop.
If it creates a file, it should just work.
If it doesn't work then you explicitly need to export the MIDI file in S1.

Hope this helps.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

That was it thanks Hugy, yes actually Studio One handles the export of MIDI files very simple, you can just DnD right into your browser , then drag back into the BPM editor window. Very slick, thanks for the help. :wink:
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: How to get MIDI back into BPM sequencer- Solved

Post by saintjoe »

OT

Studio One's DnD into the browser for projects, bounces, mixes, fx busses,MIDI, audio, etc... is EPIC lol.

very fluid, I'm spoiled by drag and drop in a lot of my favorite products :mrgreen:
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.