Feature Request - A Motu BPM Controller

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Feature Request - A Motu BPM Controller

Post by joker77 »

Sure we've requested this since day one, but I just wanna echo it again.. The more I look at this 3D picture here > http://www.uvisoundsource.com/images/Im ... ome_03.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the more I think this would be the perfect controller + program..
Also unlike NI, Motu BPM already has their entire sound library supported from UVI - ready to load in BPM, please Motu if your reading this.. Make this our reality.. :wink:

The screen ,knobs,and layout of this 3d photo,it just makes me wonder when they will do it..thanks
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Feature Request - A Motu BPM Controller

Post by saintjoe »

I agree man, a true, dedicated, integrated controller would be awesome!
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
ssp

Post by ssp »

A dedicated controller is a possibilty, cost wise it is possible to bring one in sub $500. It would depend on the casings really, I would envisage a metal underside with an injected plastic upper.

The actual MIDI controller side is not that hard to do and then a basic built in and on-screen editor should you need it. connection via usb or 5 pin din optional usb power or 9-12vdc.

There are smaller encoders than the ones I used in my controller and the same for the faders. The large jogwheel does not have to be full size as mine is, you can use a smaller fat knob for the same function.

I have designed a newer version of my controller with extra features, in a more slimine unit. As to if I will built it, no idea I have other things to build at the moment!, however one of these days i may get around to it.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Yeah that's a good price actually.. I'd pay that all day.Maschine retails for more,so yeah all day. ssp I hope Motu decides to do it.They could contract you to make'em if you had the time, cha' ching :wink: The onscreen editor would be amazing obviously.
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

The price is right but Motu needs to get that going. If something like this was to be sold mass then it should be a bit streamlined with smaller knobs. If it can have an LCD with 5 knobs and bidirectional communication with BPM it would Kill. Needs a shift and mute/solo buttons on controller and on BPM GUI. A volume and pan knob too. Just thinking out loud.
ssp

Post by ssp »

you know you could just do what i did and take time out and make your own controller. As your in the states you can get the midibox kits quickly and parts from mouser as well, plus you have a much better selection of cnc cutting services or off the shelf pre fab enclosure cases then we have here in the uk.

Make your own and it will do everything you want it to do.

just a thought.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

Everyone doesn't have the time, patience, skill, or desire to do what you did lol.

It's awesome for sure, but just not something everyone will get into.

If it came as a whole kit maybe lol
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I would if there was a kit,or a how to do.. :mrgreen: In a heartbeat,but st.joe is right,time,patience are a rarity here.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

yeah man, ssp got skills!! lol.

I would have no problem putting together a kit, but man...he did it ALL from scratch, made the case, programmed, it, all that lol.

that is LEGENDARY!!! :woohoo: