Enjoying V1.5?

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Enjoying V1.5?

Post by ssp »

Im just wondering if you guys are enjoying the update? I can see that you have a few issues/ requests, these will be passed on and have been seen.

Apart from that are you enjoying the new improved main library and the expansion library? Also the new mapping and other features that have been added?

It would be nice to hear some positives from you as users also.

Myself I would just like to get time to actually plug my controller in and make some music!!! What with the kids, electronics and other things I still have not yet had time to do anything new!!

So lets have a positive's thread here also.

thanks

ssp

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
sampa

Re: Enjoying V1.5?

Post by sampa »

yes but i am still having the sampling noise problem. not sure why this is happening . After i sample something into BPM when i play it back i t has digital clicks/pops artifacts playing as well. I sent motu technote but still have yet to hear from them. I really wish i can sample with no problems. Other than this for me the beatbox anthology and MIDI stuff is nice!

Oh btw can I name samples after recording them?? thanks
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by saintjoe »

MIDI mapping, MIDI select, undo, note repeat, all great additions

bank aux fx is nice as well

the new library isn't really all that in my opinion, would have liked to see them increase the number of instruments in the factory library and not just add more kits

But the workflow features are dope, really love the new MIDI stuff, overall it's a dope update, still looking forward to more progress. But I love BPM as a workstation, workflow is awesome, with motu/uvi libraries it's pretty much it's own world of production...and I love to go to that world quite often :mrgreen:
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I'm very pleased with the upgrade/update. I just hope it remains to be focused on. The library is imo dope,lots of work went into this update and I'm very happy to be able to control bpm via MIDI.. :wink:

What remains to be seen can be added on, but the things that make bpm my choice at the end of the day are the filters the sound of the engine,and the immediacy of it. Now that cc's are supported it's a no brainer to get the update. 8)
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Post by joker77 »

sampa wrote:yes but i am still having the sampling noise problem. not sure why this is happening . After i sample something into BPM when i play it back i t has digital clicks/pops artifacts playing as well. I sent motu technote but still have yet to hear from them. I really wish i can sample with no problems. Other than this for me the beatbox anthology and MIDI stuff is nice!

Oh btw can I name samples after recording them?? thanks
I still have the pops n clicks too, if your on a pc, I use asio for all to workaround it.If you haven't tried that yet as your asio driver,give it a spin.
32/64bit drivers http://www.asio4all.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Core audio for mac I guess?
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Post by joker77 »

ssp,
your a very busy man,take urself a break from the electronics for day n relax make some music with bpm, as far as the kids we never get to take off too much time from them,but their worth every minute of it :wink:
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

joker77 wrote:as far as the kids we never get to take off too much time from them,but their worth every minute of it :wink:
agreed :mrgreen:
BeatPadMan

Post by BeatPadMan »

Whatz up ya’ll BeatPad Man is back on the forum after a year of frustration with MOTU not supporting BPM. I was frustrated, because BPM had a nice classic sound for HIP HOP and Rn B but didn’t have MAPPED CC’S (duh!) and a bunch of other “for granted features” missing. So I look up a couple of weeks ago and see a BPM 1.5! “Damn” I say “IT’S ABOUT TIZIME!” In the time in between time, I purchased MASCHINE and constructed my own MAPPED MIDI CC MAP so I could still use BPM with the MASCHINE CONTROLLER! I ordered the 1.5 update, installed and began mapping the CC’S to my MASCHINE CONTROLLER. I hate to sound like a complainer, but there are a few things that I still feel need to be added to 1.5 to allow MIXER type BETAMAKERS like myself to have a better WORKFLOW.
I’m also known as Mr. MuhSheen on the NI MASCHINE forum. I see Saint Joe & B-Righteous are on this forum too. B-righteous, back n the day I remember you being the only one feeling my idea that BPM had a PUNCHIER, JUICER, more ANALOGOUS sound than MASCHINE! St Joe and I have had some interesting conversations on the NI forum too. Brother, I hope you understand that we have MORE IN COMMON than the DIFFERENCES! We both want to let the CODERS know what the CUSTOMER needs to improve their WORKFLOW! It’s as simple as that! I feel that these CODERS at NI and MOTU have never worked the way HIP HOP PRODUCERS work. We come from situations with broken OLD SCHOOL HARDWARE MACHINES where MENU DRIVEN ACCESS is the NORM rather than the EXCEPTION. So we had a CLEAR VISION of what was MISSING and what could be done DIFFERENTLY to improve WORKFLOW. So here are a few suggestion from a guy who wants to use BPM as a STANDALONE WORKSTATION.

1- More than the 40 or so MAPPINGS currently available and more than the 128 I constructed with my own MIDI MAP CC file (I will attach for people who have MASCHINE and BPM 1.5)
2-MIDI MAPPED MUTES for each drum sound INDEPENDENT of BANK
3-MIDI MAPPED SOLO for each drum sound INDEPENDENT of BANK
4-Ability to turn ON and CHOOSE the FILTERS via MIDI CONTROL. (It’s no good to control the FILTER with MIDI and you can’t turn it ON FIRST!)
5-Ability to MIDI MAP by CHANNEL + CC to increase the MIDI MAPPING possibilities. (ala ABLETON LIVE)
6-Ability to MIDI MAP the RACKS TRACK MUTE and SOLO button without SELECTING the RACK TRACK first! (even with my own constructed map I couldn’t MUTE and SOLO tracks in the RACK without selecting the RACK TRACK first!)
7-Need a REDO so we can COMPARE (ala MASCHINE)
8-Ability to SOLO and MUTE each BANK and RACK INDEPENDENTLY.
9-Ability to scroll through and SELECT the GROOVE TEMPLATES

PLUGIN WORKAROUNDS for your MUTES and SOLOS include making EXTERNAL INSTRUMENTS in LIVE and MUTING and SOLOING in LIVE. I’m not trying to DO ALL THAT MODULAR STUFF I want to do it in BPM.
I will say THANKS FOR THE UPDATE MOTU!
Hey, I’m not asking for much! Peace for 2010 yo suuuckaaaaaaas!

P.S.- SSP thanks for working with these MOTU people and getting their software UP TO DATE! I had no idea that MOTU was listening to our complaints because we never got any REPLY from MOTU like a company like NATIVE INSTRUMENTS gives to their customers forum! I had no idea that when you were making your HOMEMADE controller you were actually working for MOTU on the beta. You're like the GODFATHER of BPM and I feel that just like Corleone in the Godfather "if you have the police, protection and judges you must share them with the rest of the family." I feel you should have let the DEDICATED customers who stuck with BPM from the beginning know the news that an UPDATE was coming just to "WET OUR BEAK" as the Black Hand said in Godfather II. Hey, I’m not asking for much! Peace for 2010 yo suuuckaaaaaaas
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

I'm definitely for more control!
ssp

Post by ssp »

I was sure i posted up a reply earlier, then again prehaps im going senile!!

Thanks for the comments, it was good to work on the beta for bpm with motu and uvi.

Guys I am not going to clean the thread up at the moment but the whole purpose of this thread was to see what your positives was with using the new version of the software.

The posts so far really belong in the errors and suggestions thread.

I will leave it for now , but what im looking for here are some positive comments to see how things are with the softare and its use for you.

thanks

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

my positives are as stated, the MIDI mapping, MIDI select, and bank fx are really welcomed additions :mrgreen:
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I really like the MIDI mapping and note select. That right there makes a big difference. Undo needs a little more work but it's better than nothing.

They really did a better job on the new kits and I appreciate it. Did anyone notice how they added effects to the kits? Some of the new kits have delay and verb added as bank aux. Just turn the bank aux switch on and use the fx tab to see. The new variations for the loops are cool too.

Still going to stick to using BPM as a sound module and sequence from my 4k since they are not considering MIDI out. From this way of using it, the new mapping and kits are welcome. I hope they continue to develop it in this area so it could be a more complete drum sampler with better sample edit and chopping etc.