naming a sample??

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

sampa
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

naming a sample??

Post by sampa »

Good morning all. Is it possible to name something we sampled? or does the sample name have to remain (temp 1, temp 2 etc.) ??? thanks
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: naming a sample??

Post by FMiguelez »

Of course you can rename anything you recorded anything you like.

Have you looked this up in the Manual or the Getting Started Guide? It's one of DP's most basic and elementary things, really...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
sampa

Post by sampa »

^^^

thanks - just to be clear I am talking about motu bpm- not dp
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Woops....

Sorry about that! :oops:

I keep forgetting that I'm looking at NEW posts from ALL forums and not just DP :roll:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
sampa

Post by sampa »

lol - no problem.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Currently there is no sample rename. You do have the option to save a sample in the file menu under save pad sample as. Of course the sample has to be assigned to a pad for this. It would be nice to have a rename option in the clip window's right click menu.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

yes, being able to rename it in the clip window after sampling would be dope.

honestly, I don't sample with BPM at all, I just haven't really warmed up to how it handles sampling, slicing, etc.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Oops! I forgot about the menu button of the clip window. There is a save as there so you can save the sample with a new name before you map it to a pad. This is not a rename and will save a new sample. No need to worry though because all new samples are stored in a temp folder and deleted when you close BPM. You then have an option to save the temp samples. If the samples are mapped to a kit, you can save them with the kit with the save kit + samples command. You can also save it with the whole project with the save project with samples command. This will save all assigned samples with the project and all the temps can be purged when you close BPM if you choose not to save them.

It would still be nice to have a rename option in the right click menu but you can get by without it.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

no doubt, save as is cool for sure, like you said, a quicker way would be rename, then move it to the pads and save as with the kit, just a small workflow enhancement, but like everything else in BPM, there's still a way to make it work for ya :mrgreen:
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.