Horns on Oceans 12 track

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
cowtothesky
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Horns on Oceans 12 track

Post by cowtothesky »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a sample library out there that has similar horns to the movie, Oceans 12. Specifically the track "The Day of 7-29-04". I believe it is track 10. You can hear it on ITunes if you just preview the track.

I love how it blends in with the mix. If there isn't a library out there with this, any tips on existing libraries that could get close adding fx?

Thanks in advance!
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
bongo_x

Re: Horns on Oceans 12 track

Post by bongo_x »

I don’t know, but that’s a great soundtrack, and I’ve never even seen the movie.

bb
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

I agree. I love the soundtrack - very vintage sounding.

The closest thing I can find out there is Vir2 mojo horns. I usually buy traditional orchestral libraries, but I may have to get this. Was hoping there was something cheaper that just had the horn hits.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
erikjamesmusic

Post by erikjamesmusic »

These VIr2 Mojo Horns are amazing! perfect for jazz/funk/b'way music. Only problem I see is that each instrument (with every articulation loaded, which of course, I'd want) eats up .5g of RAM! Ouch!
Mac Pro 8-core 2.8, 10g RAM, OS 10.6.4, DP 7.22, MOTU 828mk3, UAD-2 Duo, Dynaudio BM5-As, Nord E3-73, Kurzweil PC3-X, Mackie Control Universal, NI Komplete 7/Kore 2, PLAY 2 (most libraries), Spectrasonics, Altiverb, Vir2, etc...
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Vir2 is cool, as is SampleModeling's bundle-- (sax, trumpet, trombone). Also, even if expensive, is Broadway Big Band.

Granted-- we're talking about great scoring with this soundtrack-- and world-class great LIVE musicians. If that's the watermark, then...

I don't know the most politically correct way to end this post. :(
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

Thanks - I found a way to simulate it. Basically, it was the sax stabs on Vir2 w/ compression, delay, and reverb. I appreciate all the help here.

I really need a good symphonic brass library. Has anyone tried out the new Symphobia 2 yet? If so, would love to hear your impressions of it. I will probably buy it when I have enough dough saved up.
rukidding

Post by rukidding »

I like QLSO Brass and Dimension Brass
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7