BPM 1.0.5 sample bug?

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

sampa
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM 1.0.5 sample bug?

Post by sampa »

Hello all - I am using version 1.0.5 in standalone mode. Everytime i sample something, when it plays back from the pad i hear various digital glitches. This happened in 1.0 as well. I am using an apogee duet soundcard. Has anyone else experienced this? I am sampling from an outside source into the BPM Sampler. Thanks for any info or fix.
Also if this is a bug, is it fixed in the new update?? Thanks
joker77

Re: BPM 1.0.5 sample bug?

Post by joker77 »

Have had the same thing happen to me as well, might wanna try asio for all.. I know it's not a total fix, but it will work unitl they get a fix..Maybe this is fixed is in 1.5, I will test as soon as monday
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
ssp

Post by ssp »

if you on a pc and getting issues if you go here : http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can download a free tool to find the causes for your clicks, pop drop-outs etc. hope that helps.

as for the mac, check you have the latest drivers, also make sure your latency is not so low that it is causing you issues. If your running several fx/synths etc at the same time this may be spiking your cpu, load your cpu meter up and see what its running at.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
sampa

Post by sampa »

thanks for the info. I am on a mac.
The digital artifacts i hear are only when i playback something that i just sampled. I dont have any effects etc applied. I have no problem with running tons of effects and using sounds from my own wav library or the stock bpm library, playing sequences etc. The problem is that after sampling something the result plays back with some artifacts that are not supposed to be there.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I have the same issue, from the testing I've done,it's not anything related to sample rate nor buffer settings at all. It's card specific.. I have a emu1820m ,I get the pops.. something happens with it's drivers and motu bpm,that doesn't allow it to sample without the pops.The latency checker thing ain't gonna work with this issue..I've went as far as changing many hardware in my cpu,but the same thing. bpm has an issue with certain cards..

If I use asio for all - good
other cards I've tested with no prob's are..
m-audio 2496
m-audio fast track pro
presonus firestudio
motu 896hd
motu 192 hd
steinberg mr816csx

I have sent emails to the developer for over a year about my 1820m,mentioned he fixed,but it never was..

trust me it's card specific..fwiw my upgrade comes today, I will post back n let u know if this latest 1.5 actually fixes the issues with pops n clickswhen using bpm sampler.

just fyi , my 1820m does not have issues with other samplers,such as emulatorx 2+3,nor edison.. it's definitely a bpm prob..
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
sampa

Post by sampa »

thanks joker77. I am using an apogee duet. I should be getting 1.5 in the mail today as well. I will also post my results later tonite. I really hope motu fixed this problem. Its definitely a bug.

Thanks again!!
sampa

Post by sampa »

Just tried the new 1.5 update - and still getting wierd digital artifacts on playing back something that I sample. Anyone else can confirm?? Thanks
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Confirmed here,it's still there,nothings changed. Till then I'll use asio for all.
sampa

Re: BPM 1.5 sample bug?

Post by sampa »

I started a techlink over at motu weeks ago and nothing. Why cant this thing just let me sample without getting clicks, etc. It is definately not a buffer / hardware interface issue...