Mapping Maschine's controller with BPM 1.5

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mapping Maschine's controller with BPM 1.5

Post by saintjoe »

indeed lol
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by joker77 »

b - yeaah the top buttons are nice to map for viewing, Sequencer View,Edit View,FX View,Song View... being able to graphically input via led just makes it incredible..
thanks for bringing that up... doooope :mrgreen:
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

For those with the Maschine controller, I thought the velocity pressure for pads and note repeat was not working. In the editor if you assign notes for the pads, you have to also assign the same notes on the "press" page. They are separate so the note assignments on the pressure page don't update when you change the assignment on the pad page.
BeatPadMan

Post by BeatPadMan »

I have a ready made template for people who have MASCHINE and BPM 1.5 and want more than the 40 or so mapping possibilities. The template takes care of all of the PRESS ISSUES, correct TOGGLE MODES and AFTERTOUCH ISSUES some people may have when programming the MASCHINE CONTROLLER with BPM 1.5. This TEMPLATE will also allow you to MIDI MAP MUTES and SOLOS for each SOUND on the PAD each BANK and each RACK. You will have to use the COMBINATION of the MASCHINE CONTROLLER FILE ( I think it's a nnc file) and the BPM PERFORMANCE FILE; they work together and both have to be LOADED but it works LIKE A CHARM! This was the template that I used before MOTU decided to "treat us to MIDI MAPPING (duh!). I was able to control BPM just like SSP was doing on his controller BEFORE 1.5!. I posted this TEMPLATE on the NI MASCHINE FORUM because they let you have attachments. For some reason MOTU doesn't allow you to have attachments on this forum (duh!). I guess you could e-mail me and I could send you the template or you could go to the NI FORUM and look under TEMPLATES. My name on that forum is of cours MR. MUHSHEEN!
ssp

Post by ssp »

beatpadman, this forum is not run by motu nor does it have any association with Motu. it is just a user forum run by Mr James Steele for users of Motu products.

I just needed to make that clear

thanks

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
BeatPadMan

Post by BeatPadMan »

Duly noted! By the way, is there anyway to make attachments on this forum? Thanks SSP, you've been doing a great job with the forum since you took it over from Jim Steele.
ssp

Post by ssp »

As far as I know there is no way for the forum to accept attatchments unless it is allowed to by James, it is something I will ask him to see if he wants to allow it.

He-he :D im not running the forum, it is still James forum and he is the head honcho! i'm just keeping things tidy in here and hes not getting bad headaches anymore!

Its you guys who are making this section what it is now, lets keep up the good work and create a really good section with information and content.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

BeatPadMan wrote:I have a ready made template for people who have MASCHINE and BPM 1.5 and want more than the 40 or so mapping possibilities. The template takes care of all of the PRESS ISSUES, correct TOGGLE MODES and AFTERTOUCH ISSUES some people may have when programming the MASCHINE CONTROLLER with BPM 1.5. This TEMPLATE will also allow you to MIDI MAP MUTES and SOLOS for each SOUND on the PAD each BANK and each RACK. You will have to use the COMBINATION of the MASCHINE CONTROLLER FILE ( I think it's a nnc file) and the BPM PERFORMANCE FILE; they work together and both have to be LOADED but it works LIKE A CHARM!
Thanks! I will check that out and download from the Maschine forum. I am curious how you were able to map the mute and solo etc. Is it using nrpn or something? Could you explain?
BeatPadMan

Post by BeatPadMan »

Whatz up B-Righteous! In BPM PRE 1.5 to MID-MAP let's say the MUTE for BANK A or the SOLO for RACK B you had to RIGHT-CLICK on the GUI KNOB or BUTTON and a MIDI MAP dialog would appear. It would allow you to MIDI LEARN with your controller ( I was using MASCHINE, NOVATION SLMK2 w/AUTOMAP and an AKAI MPD32) so you could map the CC. You could MIDI LEARN way more than the 40 or so BPM 1.5 allows now. There was only one problem. WHEN YOU LOADED ANOTHER KIT, PATTERN OR WHATEVER YOU WOULD LOSE YOUR MIDI LEARNED CC'S! Later on, I or we, figured you had to UNCHECK the LOAD KIT SETTING and/or LOAD BANK FX. If you did that you kept all your MIDI CC's! So what I would do was make a template with my MASCHINE and a template for a BPM PERFORMANCE and LOAD THEM AT THE SAME TIME. Always making sure NOT TO CHECK the LOAD KIT SETTINGS. This enabled me to try different kits and patterns and still be able to mute or solo and use the faders. Now that BPM 1.5 has come out i'm using kind of a hybrid of my own template which I load every time, UNCHECK load kit settings and still use the new BPM 1.5 REMOTES! The one thing that my old way didn't do was the ability of the new MIDI SELECT. With MIDI SELECT I don't have to have a separate MIDI CC for each pad's EFX, FILTER, ENVELOPES ect. I tried to do it for each of the 16 pads and realized that MOTU has the 127 MIDI CC limit. I hope they allow you to expand the MIDI LEARN/MIDI CC by allowing you to map also by MIDI CHANNEL (like in ABLETON LIVE). This was cool just to get a sketch pad for how you might mix by SOLOING and MUTING like you can do on an MPC 40000. I made a 16 pad page that was just dedicated to MUTING and another one just for SOLOING. But with MASCHINE's CONTROLLER you can literally do ANYTHING!
Check it out on the NI MASCHINE FORUMN and let me know if it worked for you.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Thanks for explaining. I forgot you could map the mutes manually. I thought you had hacked Maschine or something. :lol:

I might use that to mute banks but doing every pad would take up too many CC's. I hope they update BPM to have a pad mute /solo mode like the live mode for scenes. That way, you could just assign 1 CC to the mute button and use the BPM pads for mute. Same way the MPC track mute works.