Mapping Maschine's controller with BPM 1.5

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mapping Maschine's controller with BPM 1.5

Post by joker77 »

Haven't got 1.5 yet,but I'm probably going to look into start trying to use Maschine's controller to map BPM now becuz of the latest upgrade.. If any other users care to share the strong points of this,I'd love to hear them. I haven't got a chance to see all the different cc's that will be made assignable yet,hopefully all transport,start end time of samples,pitch etc.. but I'd like to get away from using 4 different controllers, and streamline the workflow with one or two for perc/samples..

Thanks for any tips you may have..
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mapping Maschine's controller with BPM 1.5

Post by saintjoe »

I already use Maschine controller with BPM now, it's running the play, stop, and record functions, as well as playing my pad banks.

I can't wait to get the update and map the other stuff, NI controller editor is very flexible, so with the new mapping in 1.5, it should make things even more fluid.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

st. joe I get 1.5 today,I'll try mapping it as soon as these ups guys show up n I get it installed :lol: the mapping of the pad banks sounds real dope.
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

oh yeah! nice...report back :mrgreen:
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I should have paid for faster delivery. They probably shipped those first. The rest of us have to wait.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Just got it,my partner @ UPS personally drove it to my crib,haha what a coincidence.. Anyhow first ten seconds of opening it n checking out how to map our controllers is gonna be amazing.. There's a window with all of the available cc's, and guess what they allowed it for easy as pie MIDI learn.. :wink: nice one.. off to learn now - oh my Oliver even mapped the swing's Pos+Vel so you can now swing via a knob etc.... daaaammnn :mrgreen:
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

awwwwwwwwww snap! lol

can't wait now!

dang! :dance:
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

If you got that change log on disc then could you post it up please?

Does the Maschine group buttons send cc info or do they only toggle pages?
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

b-righteous wrote:If you got that change log on disc then could you post it up please?

you can make maschine group buttons send cc or whatever ya want, it's pretty flexible in the editor
joker77

Post by joker77 »

b-righteous wrote:If you got that change log on disc then could you post it up please?

Not sure what you mean by change log? Please explain..

As far as the Maschine controller, I'm trying to get the group buttons to work now,but they don't appear to recognize it... I'm also trying to wrap my head around NI's controller editor as well..

Anyhow let me know what u meant by the first question. From listening to some of the kits,they have updated some sounds,as I don't remember certain kits having stabs in them,and now there are in some.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

saintjoe wrote:

you can make maschine group buttons send cc or whatever ya want, it's pretty flexible in the editor
Joe I'm sure you could help too, I'm rather new at the controller editor for Maschine. I select bank A(in the ni controller editor) I tell it to assign a CONTROL change - I do this for all 8 GROUP BUTTONS ON THE EDITOR.. I'm now trying to get BPM to recognize the groups,but it's not. Is there something I need to do first in the editor? I was under the impression,I set it and it's good. Prob is Bpm's not recognizing them for some reason..
I'm sure you'd figure this one out quick... :wink:
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

what type of action are you using, toggle, note press, etc.

then just set it manually in bpm instead of trying to MIDI learn it, it should work.

just see which cc is used in controller editor, and use that one in bpm for the parameter you want to control
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Thanks Joe, Okay I figured out how to get the pads all working as far as different notes on each group, but here's my issue:

A group in Maschine is basically like a page on the controller editor correct?
I'm wondering if we can select groups with the Maschine controller - A,B,C,D,E,F,G in BPM, when I try to assign this,I'm getting lost.. lol at least I figured out the notes, yay :shake:
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Was looking for a list of changes/fixes from 1.05 to 1.5 There might not be one and I assume there is not much changed past the marketing material anyway.

Make sure that BPM is setup to receive MIDI from the Maschine controller. I think you need a MIDI cable connection from maschine to your computer. Not sure if control mode works over USB? New to the editor myself and right off the top I can see it needs improvements like being able to assign any button to jump pages. Not just the group buttons and arrows.

When you get time, could you also check if recording rack sequences still chop sustain notes held past loop boundary?

Does undo also redo?

Is copy, paste for pads assignable?

Thanks for reporting.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

b-righteous wrote:Was looking for a list of changes/fixes from 1.05 to 1.5 There might not be one and I assume there is not much changed past the marketing material anyway.

Make sure that BPM is setup to receive MIDI from the Maschine controller. I think you need a MIDI cable connection from maschine to your computer. Not sure if control mode works over USB? New to the editor myself and right off the top I can see it needs improvements like being able to assign any button to jump pages. Not just the group buttons and arrows.
Hi,
I have the MIDI set up,as it's working,I'm sure after a few of these back n forths we'll get it all sorted, thanks..
and yes below is the addon's
Hi Yes Oliver sent me this a few days ago:

* Reorganized default soundbank with more kits/patterns in differents music style. Addition of Beat Box anthology
* Remote MIDI editing
* Note Repeat Suppport
* Pad MIDI Selected
* Bank AUX FX support
* One level Record Undo
* Optimized convolution reverb
* waveform zoomming issue.
* minor fixes here and there