BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

BrianL
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM 1.5 Problems & Suggestions only.

Post by BrianL »

BeatPadMan wrote:
Hey still wondering if anyone is having problems with 1.5 showing the BPMSA 1 OUTPUT and the BPM SAMPLER 1 in the SAMPLING slot? Now, BPM 1.5 isn't showing either, after only having BPMSA 1 OUTPUT. Also, when I hit the CLIP button next to the SAMPLING button and the CLIP VIEW opens. Then, I DRAG & DROP a WAV file into the area. Next I turn on the SLICE and the WAV file is sliced
monogee wrote:
I'm having the same problem here. Sampling options not showing up. All I get is, "No Choices."
Hit the Transport 'Record' button... it's magical... :roll: :banghead: :mumble: :boohoo: :surrender: :koolaid: :smash:

EDIT: Let me correct this... Hit Transport Record, Sampling Record, Stop, then Undo. :::insert smiley here > :banghead:

All jesting aside...this appears to be related to the 'No Undo function, unless Record is clicked first' issue
Last edited by BrianL on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I should hope we are all creating techlinks about issues like this....seriously the more who complain, the higher the priority the fix is given.

We should all create techlinks for the 'Broken Note Repeat', the Undo issue and this '"No Choices" Missing Sampler Output' issue. :brucelee:
monogee
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by monogee »

I just created a techlink about it.
Mac Pro (Early 2009), Processor 2x2.66GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
DP9 Ver. 9.5
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

lol...actually there are a number of combinations, all envolving the Transport Record button...

You could press:

Play, Record, then Stop

Record

Record, then Undo

Record, Stop, then Undo

With any of these, BPM will be 'sometimey', but they do work to bring the Sampler Output to life.

Also, in most cases, you'll find that opening a Performance will always force the Output to appear. This one really needs attention.
Believe me, I know how trying beta testing can be, but guys...really?

There are things going on here that should've NEVER made it out of the gates.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Interestingly, even 'Undo' alone can make it work, if you press and wait a couple of times.

Edit: It apparently comes down to doing anything before trying to use the Sampler:

I've 'awakened' it now in various ways: Clicking Tap Tempo, Clicking Undo, Clicking Record, Diabling/Re-Enabling IQ [input quantize], Pressing Play, then Stop... Loading a kit/pattern (only worked twice)

...well you get the point, it's like BPM is that half awake musician who needs coffee or 'other' habitual stimulant to em going.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

...well you get the point, it's like BPM is that half awake musician who needs coffee or 'other' habitual stimulant to em going.
:lol:

Glad you found a way to fix it. I Knew I saw the sampler inputs in 1.5 lol

Still needs a fix but at least it's no show stopper for sampling.
Last edited by b-righteous on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

interesting lol...I still can't get it to come on at will...I know I've seen it randomly while using this update, but I don't remember what I was doing at the time lol.

Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind!
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Darn, now you go and ruin it. I'll try to see if there's a way to make it work consistently.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

saintjoe wrote:

interesting lol...I still can't get it to come on at will...
Try Tap Tempo....that one seems to get it going quite often
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

I tried it lol..it's like a secret code or something! I just don't have the mojo lol.

Not that serious for my uses, but it would be nice to be able to resample lol.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Can't get it going here either. Showed up once but can't pin down how I did it. Seems random. This is a serious bug!

Curious what is audiodg.exe?(windows device graph isolation.) Dongle maybe? Shows up only when BPM or UVI is launched. Sometimes BPM will take a while to launch and I noticed in task manager that BPM will not finish launching until this service starts.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

audiodg.exe is the new audio engine in vista/win 7 ... some software/hardware call it up manually depending on how they interact with it.

grrr....

can anyone confirm if this is only an issue on windows with bpm or do mac users see the missing sample options as well?
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Thanks for explaining. Still wonder why BPM takes forever to start in stand alone. Seems like it is waiting to initialize this.

Confirmed the slice option crashes in clip Window here. Pretty much the whole clip window slicing and sampling is unusable. Disappointing for a paid update. Need some fixes ASAP for these and the quantize button bugs. Same for the note repeate/snap to grid issue in the step sequencer.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

agreed
monogee

Post by monogee »

saintjoe wrote:audiodg.exe is the new audio engine in vista/win 7 ... some software/hardware call it up manually depending on how they interact with it.

grrr....

can anyone confirm if this is only an issue on windows with bpm or do mac users see the missing sample options as well?
Mac User here. Still missing sample option. Tried all the above suggestions. Sampling still doesn't appear. :evil:
Mac Pro (Early 2009), Processor 2x2.66GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
DP9 Ver. 9.5