MOTU RELEASE BPM OFFICAL UPDATE DETAILS

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM OFFICAL UPDATE DETAILS

Post by ssp »

joker77 wrote:Hello MOTU,
I would upgrade, but I already own Beatbox anthology and I don't feel I should have to buy a product twice,thats not fair at all how about a user like myself,where's my upgrade? If your dead set on selling with a library, how about let us pick a library?
How about 16 tunings did that make it? Any updates to the browser? Good to see it finally got updated,but for 80 bucks when I already own the content is pretty steep.. ssp please let us know,what Motu says here..

thanks..

joker77 I am afraid I cannot answer that for you, prehaps you should get in touch with motu tech, inform them you already have the beatbox anthology, they will probably ask for your ilok details to varify you have the actual beatbox library already and prehaps you will get the update minus this. However this is purely speculation on my part, I am in no position to speak on MOTU's behalf I am afraid.

Also in the screenshot you can see all the new patterns listings, all of these are based around the new larger 2 disc library and the 3rd beatbox library so you are basically getting 3 new library discs with even more sounds not just the one. As all the new patterns etc are based around these , selecting a different library would not work.

The one reason for this is the new patterns call upon a library file "BeatboxAntholgy" this is hard written into the bpm software and it calls for this library in its relative folder upon loading a pattern the same with the new and exisiting libs.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
ssp

Post by ssp »

Ok its nice that we are getting some serious conversation on the new update and i will really try my best to answer what I can. However I am not in here all the time, so, please direct your tech questions to MOTU first as it could be some time before i get chance to answer a tech question.

The other thing to remember for me to test something for you, I have to clear my desk" which is a monumental undertaking" because of all the electronics all over the place, set up my controller and then fire up the software to test certain aspects for you. Its not possible to do this all the time as i have other things to work on here.

Some of the other members have ordered thier own updates and should recieve them shortly, when they do I hope they will add input to any questions raised. The whole point of this forum is for members to help each other out and also let us know what they think of the product and how its working for them. This in return can be reproted to MOTU and any errors etc can also be reported.

If we can keep the forum on a steady footing and of a more technical and helpful nature now we will get back what we put in.

I really hope you enjoy the new update and the new features that it now has. Myself and the other beta testers tried to kill this thing in testing and apart from a few erros occasionally which when reported were sorted out with a new rolling beta the software performed flawlessly.

Now like i have said some people will moan that certain things are not working a certain way etc, etc however, other things will be dealt with in rolling future updates.

As I stated before, a thread of feature requests, errors etc wa started by myself, however it was never used properly. I will create a new thread specifically for this purpose, please only post into it if you have the new update and have suggestions or issue's. any posts in the that are unrelated to 1.5 will be removed.

Im looking forward to helping out as much as I can on this new update.

joker77

Post by joker77 »

Hello ssp,
I went ahead and purchased the 1.5 update because I want to show support for UVI doing this update irregardless. I sent a support ticket to Motu,and let them know I'd like to see if they can perhaps offer me an equal library from UVI,if possible since I already own BB Anthology.. Not sure but it's worth a try. Thanks for the post back.
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
ssp

Post by ssp »

Hi joker.

Ok apart from doing what you have already done i do not know what to suggest, it is upto them what they do with the update and how its recieved.

prehaps sell your copy of the anthology and transfer that ilok key to them and keep your new one? any other ilok auth's you have on your old one transfer them to ilok.com, then onto your new ilok.

I hope you enjoy the update whan you get it!

FrankW

Post by FrankW »

Just got the email today. Quite a surprise, and a good one too. As I've gotten much use out of BPM up to now, looking forward to adding the update and BBA to the library. Big ups to MOTU, BPM is finally looking like a true contender... :)
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Thanks ssp for the help and suggestions, I'm waiting to hear back from Motu support..
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
ssp

Post by ssp »

I have cleaned the thread again as it was becoming unproductive.

The threads title is in relation to the link to the official update release on the Motu website. I recieved information from Motu that morning and i posted it here. Hope that clears it up

joker77

Post by joker77 »

ssp,
Do you have a complete list of the new features in 1.5? I'm just mainly concerned with all the many,new features that have been added to the update,perhaps a bug list as well? :wink: thanks in advance
ssp

Post by ssp »

Well i tried to split off the parts of this topic and dump them into the rants and gripes section,however i think i failed big time as the posts are now missing and they are not in the other section of the forum.

Please can you post all of your issues and complaints about the update in this section of the forum please : http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If possible I am trying to keep the open section of the BPM forum more constructive as the way things are going we will be back to square one again and this part of the forum will become a plethora of un-constructive posts.

I am now trying to keep this section open for genuine issues with the new update when users recieve them.

ssp

Post by ssp »

joker77 wrote:ssp,
Do you have a complete list of the new features in 1.5? I'm just mainly concerned with all the many,new features that have been added to the update,perhaps a bug list as well? :wink: thanks in advance
joker77 no I don't have a complete feature list I am afraid, also no bug list. I havent had one issue with my release version at all.

However as you can see on the first page of the thread, you now have the global MIDI mapping, so you can map your controllers to the software, this also has a MIDI learn feature. when in edit mode, if you use the "MIDI select" button above the waveform window you will see that if you press a pad the waveform changes to that specific pad's sample you want to edit.

you have the note repeat feature on the lower left side, you now have the option of the aux send for master or bank and other features also.

My testing involved multiple controller implementation and control data streaming over various platforms.

At the moment I haven't had time to actually get stuck into the software simply because i have been busy building some new equipment. I hope that helps some.

mokaz

Post by mokaz »

As far as i've understood things, this update is an all physical one, which means there is no way for us buying the upgrade and download the whole stuff right? on top of that there is a ilok update as well am i right ?

This because i guess it'll take some time for me in switzerland to get the update because from the motu website trying to buy it/ship it to switzerland, it links me to their exclusive distributor in switzerland which itslef concerning bpm 1.5 links me back to motu. so i guess it'll be pretty hard for me to get my hands on that indeed...

let me know,
cheers,
m.
ssp

Post by ssp »

Mokaz.

as it has only just been released you would have to check with your official distributor as to when they expect stock in. Your other option is to contact Motu support and see if they can ship directly to yourself if you are not prepared to wait for stocks to arrive. I wouldn't expect the shipping to be cheap though!!

joker77

Post by joker77 »

I paid for a 2 day delivery,and haven't received any tracking info, have others already received there upgrades yet?

I just spoke with them, it may take a day or two to process..

ssp,
Hi, can you say who has the complete list of the new features? I would assume you could point me in the right direction.. thank ya
Last edited by joker77 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
fullertime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM OFFICAL UPDATE DETAILS

Post by fullertime »

I have received no tracking info yet but I do see the charge on my Credit Card.
FULLER - Raleigh/Durham, NC

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
--------------------
MacPro 3gHz 8-Core 16 GRam// OS 10.7.5 // ApogeePSX 100 // MOTU896 // MOTU Audio Express // DP8.01 //
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I have received no tracking info yet
And you probably won't. I don't think MOTU bothers with sending that. They may have just started shipping yesterday.