Question about FILM music network

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Midi maniac

Question about FILM music network

Post by Midi maniac »

Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any experience with film music network.
I am curious weather it is a network you should trust and submit your music files for considerations by the companies film music network contact...
My second question is about Compensation..I see the compensation for almost every posting is :"License fees negotiable". What does exactly mean?
My last question: in case the company likes your music, do they contact you back or the whole thing is negotiated through the film music network. My concern is that the main reason of doing this (I speak personally) is not compensation but real network with people in film companies.
In other words is it worthy? Is it trustworthy?
Thanks for your time.
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Question about FILM music network

Post by bdr »

I submitted something quite a while ago. It's legit, run by an ex composer. All they do is pass on job tips, you submit and then all future negotiations are direct with the client.

I can't really give an alternative to 'licence fees negotiable'...they might have money, lots or it, or none. You'll find out if they get back to you.

There are similar organizations to be wary of, specifically the one run by Evan Evans (son of Bill Evans) who is doing a huge amount to reduce composer fees (maybe inadvertently but it is a byproduct of how his model works).
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.