Library Page

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Movies
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Library Page

Post by Movies »

Hey y'all,

I need to set up a library page for my work to show clients, but I have no idea how to go about doing it.

How does everyone here organize/present their work. Does anyone have something on line that I can take a look at?

Thanks!
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7/16GB, OSX 10.14.6, DP 10.1, MOTU 896mk3
Movies

Re: Library Page

Post by Movies »

So, no, then, is the answer.
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

Perhaps you could explain what kind of work you need to show.... why not check out some of the forum members' websites? Many members have a link in their signature.

Kind regards

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
Movies

Post by Movies »

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for responding. I've definitely looked around at other members' sites -- and have even chatted to some of them at length about their work.

The kind of page I'm looking to build, however, is a private library page to show to clients, not something that's open to the public, so simply sifting through the sites of people who do this sort of work [read: writing music for TV/commercials] isn't very helpful, I'm afraid.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Library Page

Post by James Steele »

So use the page for ideas then password protect the directory. Whether the page is visible to the public or not has no bearing on the layout of the page, does it?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

I'd go with a dedicated cloud service so your clients can view the files and DL them with a password you send via email. I use my iDisk for this all the time.
Last edited by newrigel on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Movies

Post by Movies »

James, I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. The kind of page I'm looking to see is the kind of page that, if anyone here has one, is not accessible to the public. I'm not looking to set up a reel page -- I'm looking to set up a library page.

To do that, I need to figure out many things including, but not limited to:

1. How people organize their music (by genre? by tempo? by instrumentation?).
2. How people go about assigning catalog numbers to each piece.
3. Should the page be searchable and, if so, in what way and by what parameters.
4. What format, generally, people use to display their clips.

And so on.