Film magazine - submitting music files

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
Midi maniac

Film magazine - submitting music files

Post by Midi maniac »

oes anyone have experience in submitting music files to the Film magazine website?
If yes, did you ever hear back from them? Should someone trust this site to send their files (if you are not e member you are charged $6.99 per file! (I think)...

My worries are: how do we know that they really send the music to the productions companies and not keep the files for their libraries? Ofcourse you have to send it copyrighted but you never know....
Any ideas?
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Film magazine - submitting music files

Post by FMiguelez »

If my memory serves me well, wasn't it you who posted a similar question about Taxi a few months ago?

If so, how did that go? Did you get anything forwarded?

Please excuse me if I got confused and that wasn't you. At any rate, I'll follow this thread, since I'll be interested about the responses you will get.

Anyone?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Midi maniac

Post by Midi maniac »

No it was not me...
sorry
:(
Thanks for the time though to respond to my both questions. I hope more people see both posts and answer , too.
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

I've had some luck with Pump Audio..... not sure about the film music network or Taxi. These gatekeeper charges can be quite expensive for an independent musician if they submit a lot.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)
mattymac1000

Post by mattymac1000 »

MIDI maniac wrote:oes anyone have experience in submitting music files to the Film magazine website?
If yes, did you ever hear back from them? Should someone trust this site to send their files (if you are not e member you are charged $6.99 per file! (I think)...

My worries are: how do we know that they really send the music to the productions companies and not keep the files for their libraries? Ofcourse you have to send it copyrighted but you never know....
Any ideas?
Yes, you absolutely can trust them. I've been a member for probably ten years now. The upload system is relatively new, but I've gotten many jobs through them.

Keep in mind that the Film Music Network just posts jobs that are available. You don't hear back from them, you hear back from the companies that have jobs (and if they are interested in your tracks).

I don't think they have their own library. What makes you think that?
iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB memory, OS X v10.6.1; DP 6.02; Absynth 4.0.2, PSP's MixPack 2, Cycle '74's Pluggo, AmpliTube, Motu 828; Alesis QS6, G&L Invader (1985); Parkwood 360M guitar; Line 6 Pod; MOTU Fastlane, Radio Shack mic