Proverb missing - SOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Proverb missing - SOLVED

Post by Jim »

All my plugs load except Proverb.

The Proverb bundle is in my Library>Audio>Plug-ins>MAS folder, and I see it loading when I launch the app. But it doesn't show in my list of plugs in the Mixer pane, and I get the "missing" notice if I open an older project with Proverb instantiated.

I searched the Forums, and found a fix that suggested switching to English as the language, but I've always been English only, so that isn't it. The only other fix I've seen is to upgrade to 7.01. That's not exactly what I'm looking for as a solution.

Has anybody been able to figure this out?

I'm running 6.03 on a MBP, 10.5.8.
Last edited by Jim on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Proverb missing

Post by James Steele »

Ni!! (Sorry... couldn't resist with that avatar!)

I'm assuming you did the repair permissions thing. Perhaps you might re-run the last installer that installed the plug?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Jim

Post by Jim »

I tried all the usual troubleshooting steps: AppleJack, DiskWarrior, trash prefs, etc. Also, I uninstalled all MOTU, and reinstalled 6.03 without 6.0 on the system, and then again installing 6.0, then 60.01, then 6.02, and so on.

I had the same issue with 6.01, and 6.02 as well, on my MBP. Works fine on my MacPro, which is nearly identical to the MBP as far as all the fonts, apps and extensions I have installed, except for the PCI stuff the MP has that the MBP doesn't. Seems like if there was going to be a conflict, it'd be more likely to be on the MP, which has all the PCI slots filled.

I think it must have loaded at one time b/c I have a project on the MPB that had ProVerb loaded, but now it's missing when I load that project.

Ecky, Ecky, Ecky, Ecky, Ptang, Zoo Boing!
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Well, short of trying a "shrubbery"... :P

Check your DP Preferences> Audio Plugins. This is may sound "too silly", but is Proverb checked or unchecked? Sometimes, funny (or not so funny) things can happen when something "mysteriously" gets unchecked. If Proverb somehow unchecked itself, then that could explain why it's not available even though the bundle is present.

Not to worry. "It is but a flesh wound". :P

This sounds fairly simple to sort out.

Another Q:

Did you UN-install 6.03 before reinstalling 6.0 from disc and the subsequent updates from file?
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Brave brave sir Robin......

Did you update from 6.02? if not and you went from 6 or 6.01 it maybe the cause.
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

Hey Jim... is that you in your avatar? Pretty cool!
Jim

Post by Jim »

I didn't think of checking the prefs, but thanks for the suggestion, Frodo. That wasn't it, though. I did un-install ALL signs of MOTU before I reinstalled everything. I don't generally trust un-installers, as they often leave vestiges behind. So, I run EasyFind to look for anything with MOTU or Digital Performer in the name. I even deleted the invisible authorization files, and started clean.

Kassonica, I did update from 6.02 at one point. I started at 6.0, then installed, 6.01, then 6.02, then 6.03. That didn't work. I tried uninstalling everything, and going right to 6.03 also. That did install the app (contrary to instructions from MOTU that you have to have a prior version installed), and everything seems to work, but it didn't fix the missing ProVerb issue. I believe I've tried every variation of upgrade possibility on V6.

Due to the fact that a fix was found in this forum from non-English users switching to English to remedy the situation leads me to believe that this is a conflict with some other component in my OS.

I tried switching to another language, rebooting, then switching back to English and rebooting, and even that didn't help. I tried creating a new User, too. That seems to solve some strange DP issues.

I do have WaveArts MasterVerb. So, I'm not without a decent reverb. It's just a little frustrating I can't get ProVerb to load.

Newrigel, Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Have you tried a Holy Hand Grenade?
iMac Intel Core i5 3.2ghz - 16gb RAM - OSX 10.10.5 - DP 9.01 - Mach Five 3.2.1 - Ethno Instrument 2.0.3 - Kontakt 5.4.3 - 4pre - 828 original - micro express
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I'm scraping for possible solutions....

Some time ago, a couple people had this same problem in Leopard and DP6. I can't find the threads, but it comes back to me that the problem had something to do with the version of the MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle. At least at the time, swapping the version that came with DP6 with a copy of the one that came with DP5 worked for a few people.

The thing is, in those cases none of the MAS plugins were appearing before the file swap. In this case, it's only ProVerb.

Perhaps none of this should be taken any further than one can fling a cow across a castle wall with a trebuchet, but it seemed worth a try.
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

Frodo wrote:I'm scraping for possible solutions....

Some time ago, a couple people had this same problem in Leopard and DP6. I can't find the threads, but it comes back to me that the problem had something to do with the version of the MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle. At least at the time, swapping the version that came with DP6 with a copy of the one that came with DP5 worked for a few people.

The thing is, in those cases none of the MAS plugins were appearing before the file swap. In this case, it's only ProVerb.

Perhaps none of this should be taken any further than one can fling a cow across a castle wall with a trebuchet, but it seemed worth a try.
Mr Frodo is a gentleman in MOTU land indeed, cheers!!

We are you fans ....

T
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Mr. T:

You are an officer and a gentleman. With that said, I'm not sure if I'm really being of much help to our esteemed fellow member Jim, no matter how much I salute his new avatar!

But I found this:
pomegranate1 wrote: Pro Verb repeatedly crashes DP 6.0.1 when I start the transport...
MIDI LIfe Crisis wrote:
Are you upgraded from DP 5? If so, you might try resurrecting your MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle as the DP 6 version can (and does) cause crashes of plug-ins. I cannot recall if Proverb was one, but I think it may have been.

The file is in your root folder>Library>Audio>Plugins>MAS

..from this thread:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&p=279602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other stuff I found:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&p=273293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&p=248974" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&p=273962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As mentioned, none of this may be JIM'S answer but maybe there's some solution hidden somewhere within all of this?
greeny

Post by greeny »

I had observed this weirdness on a friend of mine's set up and we found out Proverb was missing from the mixer's plugins list because another MacOS language-system-font was used other than "US-english" . He had "Dutch" selected and once that had been changed to US-english Proverb re-appeared on the list.

All you need to do is to make sure the Macs System language is US English. One selects that in the Macs System Preferences.

Try it , it worked for us.

Just my 2 cents

G.
magicd

Post by magicd »

Make sure also that this file is in the correct place:

Hard drive>Library>Application Support>MOTU>ProVerb>ProVerb Data.bundle

If the Data.bundle is not installed, ProVerb won't open as a plug.

Data.bundle gets installed off the original DP CD.

Dave
Jim

Re: Proverb missing - [SOLVED]

Post by Jim »

Dave, not only are you 100% awesome and correct, but I discovered that there should be four folders inside the Hard drive>Library>Application Support>MOTU directory, which include Proverb, nanosampler, Model 12 and Digital Performer>Clicks & Grooves. The ProVerb folder was missing altogether, and the other three folders were empty, but they should have contained "stuff."

So, it looks like the installer passed over a few items when I upgraded.

A million thanks!

And a hundred thanks to everybody else who tried to help, or just quoted lines from The Holy Grail. Run away!

Jim

magicd wrote:Make sure also that this file is in the correct place:

Hard drive>Library>Application Support>MOTU>ProVerb>ProVerb Data.bundle

If the Data.bundle is not installed, ProVerb won't open as a plug.

Data.bundle gets installed off the original DP CD.

Dave
Last edited by Jim on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.