Where to download Kontakt Player 3.5?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Where to download Kontakt Player 3.5?

Post by David Polich »

I am trying to locate the download for Kontakt Player 3.5
Free. Native Instruments has upgraded the player to "4",
but I'm on a PPC Mac and the K4 Player won't work on a PPC.

I can only find Kontakt Player 4 on the internet right now...
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
frankymax

Re: Where to download Kontakt Player 3.5?

Post by frankymax »

Dave- go here:
http://co.native-instruments.com/?id=freeupdates
and scroll down the page to legacy products- it's there.
Happy Holidays,
-Frank
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Dave, if you have Kontakt 3 installed, it will only install Kontakt 3.5 and not KP 3.5. They have integrated the two products in such a way that they are probably the same code with features switched on and off based on ownership level.

If you already have Kontakt 3.5 installed, it won't let you install KP 3.5. The KP libraries will instead show up with their beautiful icons in a special tab on the left pane of Kontakt, similar to Kontakt Player 2.5.

You might have to scan for the KP products in Kontakt 3.5, but I have only had to do that when I move it to another disc or location, or do an update that changes the main directory's name (such as Sample Modeling's The Trumpet 2.52 update that came out a couple of days ago).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Thanks, guys. I wasn't aware of the legacy products downloads at NI's site.
I was able to download and install KP 3.5 without any trouble.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com