Host buffer muliplier settings for Liquid Mix?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Host buffer muliplier settings for Liquid Mix?

Post by David Polich »

Can anyone confirm what the Host Buffer Muliplier Settings should
be if you are running a FireWire audio interface and Liquid Mix on
a separate FW card simultaneously? I can't remember - I know that'if you're running just one FW audio interface you set HBM to "1", but I seem to
recall that when using Liquid Mix you need to set it to "2".

Any info hugely appreciated, thanks!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
supersonic

Re: Host buffer muliplier settings for Liquid Mix?

Post by supersonic »

That's what I do when using Duende and I would guess the same goes for any device hooked up and selected in DP's hardware setup. In my case 2 if I'm using Traveler and Duende or 3 if I'm using 2 Travelers and Duende.
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

supersonic wrote:That's what I do when using Duende and I would guess the same goes for any device hooked up and selected in DP's hardware setup. In my case 2 if I'm using Traveler and Duende or 3 if I'm using 2 Travelers and Duende.
The Duende shows up as an audio device in DP's hardware setup? If so, that's different from the LM which does not. I don't believe the host buffer multiplier has any effect on the use of the LM. The LM has it's own buffers set up in the LM control panel. The formula for setting the LM buffer use to be 2 x (host buffer) + 8. So if DP has a 512 buffer then the right setting for LM would be 1032. At some point, they must have changed the drivers to do this automatically. So (at least with DP7 and PT8) no matter what you set the buffering to in the LM control panel, after it opens for your session it will be set based on your DAW buffer (in the current status on hardware box).
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

NazRat wrote:
The Duende shows up as an audio device in DP's hardware setup? If so, that's different from the LM which does not. I don't believe the host buffer multiplier has any effect on the use of the LM. The LM has it's own buffers set up in the LM control panel. The formula for setting the LM buffer use to be 2 x (host buffer) + 8. So if DP has a 512 buffer then the right setting for LM would be 1032. At some point, they must have changed the drivers to do this automatically. So (at least with DP7 and PT8) no matter what you set the buffering to in the LM control panel, after it opens for your session it will be set based on your DAW buffer (in the current status on hardware box).
NazRat, the formula you listed is what I was looking for. For some
reason that info has been deleted from the Liquid Mix FAQ's at Focusrite's website.

Thanks!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com