Omnisphere - Just purchased. Very nice. Favorite patches?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cbergm7210
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Omnisphere - Just purchased. Very nice. Favorite patches?

Post by cbergm7210 »

Hi family.

Just bought Omnisphere to use on some client's material. It's really a great plug, I have to say. It comes the closest to my old "magic box" (Roland XV 5080) than any other plugin I own. And I have tried out many, mind you. :)

With this latest addition of 2000 patches, needless to say there are many to browse when searching for specific sounds. I am producing some Christmas music currently due to be finished this week come Hades or high water. If anyone has any favorite patches suitable for some warm and fuzzy, contemplative, reflective, Christmas music, I'd like to hear your input. I'll get around to spending a few hours marking favorites a bit later, of course.

I know this is not specifically DP related, but you guys are always so helpful... :wink:

Chris
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
daveyboy

Re: Omnisphere - Just purchased. Very nice. Favorite patches?

Post by daveyboy »

I think the patch that gets the most use from me is the bread and butter "Hollywood Strings", which is ported over from Atmosphere. I've had this plugin since it came out and have barely scratched the surface. Every time I use it I'm in exploration mode. Awesome VI for sure!
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
cbergm7210

Re: Omnisphere - Just purchased. Very nice. Favorite patches?

Post by cbergm7210 »

Thanks, Dave. That is a smooth one for sure. I whipped up a custom multi using that patch and three others. This VI is not only great sounding it is very easy to program and very intuitive in its layout. A+ so far.

Chris
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com