Help: Need TDIF Sync How-To

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rthorderson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help: Need TDIF Sync How-To

Post by rthorderson »

I need to pull some old tracks off a Tascam DA38...

I connected TDIF and Word Clock cables to my 2408 MKII and slaved the DA38 to DP7. That works fine except that I previously used 4 of these machines, so I need to transfer 4 tapes (32 tracks) back to DP7 in sync (using one DA38).

My interface is the 2408 MKII, so that is a little older, and maybe why I am having problems understanding what the manuals are telling me vs. what is really happening.

Ideally, I would like to be able to hit play in DP7 and have the DA38 chase to the correct spot. No, the DA38 does not have any MIDI, so MMC is out...but the manuals seem to imply that the ADAT mode has MMC built in and that TDIF can use the ADAT mode. That is where I get lost. If I am reading correctly, I should be able to lose the Word Clock cable and still get sample accurate transfers.

If anyone has done this successfully, and can give me some simple step-by-step instructions, I am sure much great karma will come your way!

Thanks!
Randy Thorderson
www.randythorderson.com

Ξ DP8.0 Ξ OS X 10.8.4 64-bit on SSD Ξ MacPro3.1 8-core 2.26GHz Ξ 18GB Ram Ξ 2408mkII w/ 424e Ξ
Ξ NI: Kontakt 5.0, Scarbee (MM, Jay, Pre), AK Piano, B4 II Ξ RealGuitar 3.0 Ξ ModArt Pianoteq Studio 4 Ξ
Ξ Garritan GPO4 & JABB3 Ξ Vir2 Mojo 1.2.1 Ξ Arturia V-Collection, Analog Factory, Analog Lab Ξ MX4 2.2 Ξ
Ξ MachFive3 Ξ Superior Drummer 2 Ξ SSD 3.5 Ξ NomadFactory ProdPack II Ξ Sonalksis Multi-Limit Ξ VEP5 Ξ