AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by David Polich »

Um...never mind. No sooner did I finish the above post when I received
my confirmation and unlock code...totally cool.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Sorry it's taken so long to streamline this, but the process should be much clearer on the site now. I'm going to have to change the wording sometime soon from "donation" since i'm not giving the DP ones away anymore. For now it works. I'm also going to do all email for ampguimods through andy@ampguimods.net.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I don't think I can get any clearer with it. Man, why does it take my brain so long to getting around to streamlining this stuff?
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

So let me post a question to the community here. I need another method to get payments from people who won't/can't use PayPal. There's a lot of alternatives out there. Anyone have any particular experience and have a preferred method? I'm especially concerned about remote countries and areas.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hmmm... I have nothing useful to add, but as far as those who "won't" use PayPal, I'd say screw 'em. "Can't" use PayPal is an entirely different matter. This is all too similar the "fans" who told me to email them a song because they "don't" (aka "won't") use iTunes. *SIGH*

At some point, you have to decide what revenue that represents and stop jumping through hoops for people that apparently like to make things difficult. I know there are shopping cart things that can be installed. Supposedly there's a plug-in for wordpress pages to do that too. I don't have the answers and haven't ever installed a shopping cart thing.

I guess I don't understand the beef with PayPal. They can set up an account with either credit/debit or a checking account. I guess they could snail mail you a money order. At some point it just gets stupid.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

There's one particular case where the person is in Siberia, and there is some problem with PayPal in that country. He is genuinely wanting to own these things. I'd like to have a method outside of PayPal that would make it easier if there are more users out there in places where there's a problem.

EDIT: Oops, he's in Serbia, not Siberia. New glasses time?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

amplidood wrote:There's one particular case where the person is in Siberia, and there is some problem with PayPal in that country. He is genuinely wanting to own these things. I'd like to have a method outside of PayPal that would make it easier if there are more users out there in places where there's a problem.

EDIT: Oops, he's in Serbia, not Siberia. New glasses time?
You could talk to your bank about a safe way to conduct payments and wire transfers, etc., without exposing your accounts to fraud. In special cases, you would send the person the necessary information, and once the transaction is complete and cleared, you would send him the codes. That's a long time to wait for the codes, though. Maybe ask your bank how you might safely make it an instant transfer for instant downloading. I don't know.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I think I need to let him work it out on his end, like James suggested. I like the simplicity of PayPal, don't feel like having too many channels like that.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

And now back to other things...

I'm personally hoping MOTU will open certain .xml files back up. I miss my Condensed Track View :(
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

amplidood wrote:I'm personally hoping MOTU will open certain .xml files back up. I miss my Condensed Track View :(
And I'm hoping MOTU buys a few of your themes to include in the next version =) You've been developing themes longer than they have, and yours are just as good. You're basically the only one out there doing this professionally, and it would save them quite a bit of time. Obviously, they ARE going to add themes every so often, just to keep the feature fresh, why not contract you?
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I've hoped for that too. But don't hold your breath. :oops:
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Okay, it only took me all this time to get it set up right. Sheesh. You don't have to leave the site to finish the entire process.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Regarding PayPal... A while ago, my PayPal account was hacked and I had to close it. I've been gun shy about starting another one. There are quite a few vendors that I've avoided (that are PayPal only) for this reason. I've thought about going back to PayPal at some point as they've assured me that their security has gotten better since the incident. Lucky for me, at that time, the thief tried to make off with $30,000 and my account wouldn't cover it. Had they not been so greedy, they might have gotten away with it. :(

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Think I'm gonna give Google Checkout a gander....
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

The last versions of my mods for DP6 are available to download...

http://ampguimods.net/older_mods_2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;