MusicLibraryReport.com

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
artmunson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MusicLibraryReport.com

Post by artmunson »

If you are a composer or songwriter working with music libraries we would like to hear your experiences with these companies and to also rate them. There seem to be hundreds of these companies but do they really deliver on their promises of generating income for us music creators? Please visit http://www.MusicLibraryReport.com and share your experiences. You do not need to use your real name or e-mail address when commenting.

Thank you

Art Munson
artmunson

Re: MusicLibraryReport.com

Post by artmunson »

Hi Folks,

I've just updated the look of http://www.musiclibraryreport.com and I think it's much easier to navigate. There is a proposed new layout for each library page, including the addition of general information for each library. There is a link on the home page to that proposed new layout. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

We now have over 150 libraries and 400 comments in the first month of being open so it's been very active. Thanks to everyone for all of their comments and suggestions.

Take care

Art
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

Great site... thank you!
artmunson

Post by artmunson »

Hi,

I have all the music libraries at http://www.musiclibraryreport.com updated with much more detail, including links to each library's web site. Some of the libraries web sites are more transparent than others but we are making progress in learning as much as we can about each one. If you have any information to help further a library's information screen it would be appreciated.

I have also added a more in depth searching capability. As an example, you can search just for libraries that are accepting submissions.

There are now about 160 libraries on the site and nearly 600 comments. Lots of great info there about music libraries in general as well as individual libraries.

Please come by and visit and if you can add to the knowledge base it would help us all!

Take care

Art
billf

Post by billf »

That's a great idea for a site, it really fills a much ignored niche. Very cool. I'll send the word out to people I know about it.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy »

Thank you Art! I appreciate the info very much!
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 16 GB RAM OSX 11.2 Big Sur
UAD Apollo Quad DP11.22 some Waves, Soundtoys, Digital Performer 11.2, Reason 12, iZotope 11, and lots of real instruments to play :)