I hate writing lyrics

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
zed
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: I hate writing lyrics

Post by zed »

sdemott wrote:I may have to give MasterWriter a whirl. Thanks for the tip.
My pleasure. :-)
funkyfreddy wrote:I would think that GETTING AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER might help you write better lyrics, LOL. Going outside, cracking a book, etc...... :)
When you're trying to solve a lyrical problem, it can come in handy. It is also another source for inspiration when the solutions continue to elude you. I am all for anything that will assist me in writing the best possible lyrics for a song, and I think this is a worthy tool to have.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

funkyfreddy wrote:What great songs were written using masterwriter? Just thought I'd ask......
•Innagadaddadavita
•Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
•Beethoven's 9th Symphony and Choral Fantasy Overture
•Carmen (Bizet)
•God Bless America
•Up Against the Wall Mother Fu(ker
•Goldfinger
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cloudsplitter

Post by cloudsplitter »

I prefer writing the lyrics to the music...it helps me get the phrasing right and the lyrical "meter" right....I simply put on the headphones and loop the song over and over until my head is clear of the junk inside and my mind starts to open up to words...the closest thing I can call it is it is almost a dream state without the sleep. but if your head is cluttered with daily grind stuff like what you didn't get done at work or a fight you had with your spouse..forget it. when I collaborate with people I don't want to hear what they have in mind..I like a clean slate to work from without any pre-concieved ideas.. just my 2 cents
Mac Pro 3,1 8 core 12 gigs ram Mavericks. DP-8.05 Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra, motu traveler, motu MIDI express, 2-24" LCD monitors, Yamaha HS80M,Yamaha NS10M's JBL28P monitors. Mackie control universal, BFD-2, Omnisphere,Trilian Ozone 4, Melodyne Studio/Editor, . Alesis Masterlink. Avalon 737sp. PCM 90. MikTek C4V. Korg Triton Extreme. Paul Reed Smith guitars, MPC-2500 there's more..but that's the heart of it.