Any inside track on next DP release?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
htieksppircs
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Any inside track on next DP release?

Post by htieksppircs »

I'm hoping they post a "stability" upgrade addressing many of the problems and concerns as listed, ad infinitum, in this forum. Don't need new features. Fix what ya' got!

Any word from someone who might know?
kassonica
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Any inside track on next DP release?

Post by kassonica »

Yep about time there was another of these posts....... :roll:

Still I've worked out that when they get closer and closer together, it's a sign.................................

That motu will release it when they're ready :lol:
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

htieksppircs wrote:I'm hoping they post a "stability" upgrade addressing many of the problems and concerns as listed, ad infinitum, in this forum. Don't need new features. Fix what ya' got!

Any word from someone who might know?
Anybody who might not is not allowed to tell you. You're asking someone to break the terms of their NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). You'll have to wait.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Pssst.... I have it on an inside track that this new DP 6.03 is... [get ready for it]

Snappier!

;)
Last edited by Shooshie on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Lest anyone take me seriously, every version of DP is always snappier than the previous one. At least, most of us think so. Nobody has told me a thing about the next version being snappier, so all NDAs are safe. That was only a joke, though it's inevitably the truth.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

What I'm curious about is what sequence number MOTU will give to DP. Will it be 7? Will it be 6.5??

Chaca cha chaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Also, let's see if they give us an upgrade BEFORE or AFTER Snow Leopard.

Ahhhhhhhh... there's nothing like speculation :mrgreen:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

That's why a thread like this goes into the "theoretical discussions" category. It's a wonderful thread for hot air and puffery. We can all claim to have secret knowledge; heck, nobody will remember what we said when the final thing comes out, anyway. Might as well go for it. Hey, I take credit for "snappier." You heard it hear first! Yes indeed. I have seen into the crystal ball. DP 6.0x will be SNAPPIER!

Of course, you've got a point about the numbering. It would seem anti-climactic to go a whole year, or however long it's been, and just get 6.03 out of the deal. I rather expect them to charge for it and call it 6.5, but we'll see it when we see it. If they've added a dozen new and amazing new features, then it might even warrant a 7.0. And if all those features actually work, plus if they fix the ones that have been broken -- like Tap Tempo -- then they might call it DP 10, or DP X. :D

Shoosh
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

FMiguelez wrote:.
What I'm curious about is what sequence number MOTU will give to DP. Will it be 7? Will it be 6.5??
I have it on excellent authority* that the next version will be known as DPX (pronounced 'ten') Turbo Pro MK-ULTRA Extreme Studio HD so as to remain clearly ahead of Logic which is only at version 9 Pro Studio.

* OK, I made that up. I haven't a clue either.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
jgest

Post by jgest »

SixStringGeek wrote:
I have it on excellent authority* that the next version will be known as DPX (pronounced 'ten') Turbo Pro MK-ULTRA Extreme Studio HD so as to remain clearly ahead of Logic which is only at version 9 Pro Studio.

DPX has an awsome ring to it, I like it..... 8)
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

SixStringGeek wrote:

Ah-HAH ZO, you know about ouah little MK-Ultra Estreme MIDI Stuthio research, eh Herr Siz-String? Vell, zat program to train MIDI to obey ouah effery command by repeatedly humiliateeng its DAW until itz vill haz beeen BROken and its data ist left helplessly floundering in our total command itz TOP SECRHET! Nobody can know aboutz zis project, because ouah mettods uf vorking haf beeen zo ruthlesss zat zey are quite quontroversial to ze engineeeeeeering public. Now zat du haf speeled ze beans an told eferybody here at zis forum about zees details, vee shall haf to impriezon zee whole forum and use ouah deprogrammink taktiks upon du allest. By zee time of the release, ich shall hatten forgotten ebbery ting I haf told du. Errr.. Ich means du shall hatten forgotten ebberytink zat DU said.

hehehehehheh heh heh heh heh BWA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Shooshink
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I know Nott-hing!

davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

I know knotting

P.S. That's nautical knotting, of course.. so I guess I could help with an inside tack :roll:
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

davedempsey wrote:I know knotting

P.S. That's nautical knotting, of course.. so I guess I could help with an inside tack :roll:
10 seconds or less--- the sheet bend...!!! :shock:

let's go-- let's go---

Rolling hitch--the bowline--- the constrictor-- Carrick bend-- clove hitch-- cleat hitch-- eye splice--- figure 8-- chain splice---

.. and when or when not to use each....

4 seconds remaining....

tick-tick

tick-tick

tick-tick

tick-tick

"nnnnnnnnggggggggh"

Ooooohhhhh, so close!! There goes the buzzer....! :oops:

You'll have to come back next week for another round of---

A Knot's Not A Knot When It's Not A Knot
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying