Any inside track on next DP release?

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Any inside track on next DP release?

Post by Phil O »

That was naughty!
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
iPerformer

Post by iPerformer »

Well ...actually I've read on my crystal ball that new release of DP 6.5 is about coming pretty soon!!!

And it has loads and loads of new features like an SSL channelStrip that appears after one click on top of EQ and goes up and down as desired .
And a new GUI based on DarkMod and all issues are fixed !!!

Here is a view of the new mixer:

Can't wait to get it!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You must be mistaken. That's a screen shot of DP 3.

Nice try... LOL
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

The GUI is too dark! :lol:
-Brian

Mac M1 Ultra 20-core, OS 14.3.1, 128 GB RAM, DP 11.3.1, UA Apollo x6
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

davedempsey wrote:Image

When I was in the Boy Scouts, a forest ranger showed me how to tie a bowline around yourself with one hand, while holding yourself on a rope with the other hand, and it only takes about 2 seconds to do it. It's one of the best tricks I ever learned. I taught it to all my Webelos scouts when I was the pack leader of my son's group. It got them interested in knots. I taught it to my daughter, and she went out and bought a book of knots and can now out-tie ME!

Trivia: the bowline can join any two ropes of any size and/or texture without slipping. It's a great emergency knot. The knot in the animation above is a bowline.

Knowing Knot-ting is fun.

Now, were we about to tie up this thread? Have we established that DP 6.872 is going to be the most incredible version in its history? It even makes toast from French Baguettes with sweet-cream butter. Adjust the mix a little, and you get pancakes instead. Motu has left all other DAWs in the dust by making DP perform in dozens of ways. For instance, it can do tap, toe, jitterbug, waltz, and two-step steps, all while swinging its partner round and round. It can recite Shakespeare in 250 dialects. It can reload shotgun shells and pick out dresses for your daughter's prom night. It can take over when your wife says "honey, let's do that again!" Yes, DP 6.872 is quite the performer.

Now were we talking about knotting or knot?

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Shooshie wrote:
Knowing Knot-ting is fun.
Knowing Knot-ting is "knot" fun! :lol:
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Shooshie wrote:
davedempsey wrote:Image
Trivia: the bowline can join any two ropes of any size and/or texture without slipping. It's a great emergency knot. The knot in the animation above is a bowline....
Knowing Knot-ting is fun.....
Now were we talking about knotting or knot?....
Shoosh
It's not so much that I wish to disagree Shooshie, but my reference source tells me the above is a Sheet Bend, also referred to as Sheep Bend. The similarity in style or geometry, if you like, to The Bowline is obvious:

The major difference is that a Bowline is used to make a loop in one piece of rope and the Sheet Bend to join two pieces. I think we were getting our knots tangled together - this should straighten out any confusion. :)

A knowing knot knower knows what's what and what's not when it comes to the ins and outs of knots.
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

You are so right. I even wondered why it wasn't looped. And I even know the sheet bend, too. :roll:

That is the sort of knotty carelessness, up with which I shall not PUT!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

I'm still looking for a damn "sky hook" from my scouting days!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

Shooshie wrote:You are so right. I even wondered why it wasn't looped. And I even know the sheet bend, too. :roll:

That is the sort of knotty carelessness, up with which I shall not PUT!

Shooshie
I really like the way you've tied two threads together.. it's not often one gets an opportunity to do so... slip knot by did you let :roll:
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I sort of thought the whole purpose of forums like this was to UN-tie knots? LOL!!! :lol:

Sheet Bend. Sheep Bend. Yikes.

When I visited Scotland, the locals schooled me on something called Sheep Dip. :shock:

While I won't get into what Sheep Dip is--- I'll just say it was one of the wholesomest and happiest experiences of my entire life.

Let your imaginations run wild!!! :wink:
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Is it kinda like being three sheeps to the wind? :lol:
-Brian

MIDI Life Crisis

Well you know my mind went right to Woody Allen's "Everything You Wanted to KNow About Sex But We Afraid to Ask" and Stavros Miros. The image of Gene Wilder drinking Woolite in the gutter is etched in my brain forever...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_dip

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

bkshepard wrote:Is it kinda like being three sheeps to the wind? :lol:
As a sail boat owner, this cannot stand. It is correctly "sheet" as in the line used to trip a sail's angle to the wind. As older sailing vessels would have three sails (jib,main,mizzen). Dropping a sheet and letting it fly in the wind was to lose control of the sail. If you've lost control of all three, you're wandering about aimlessly. Thus, the sailor's scale of drunkeness which seems to have blown ashore and remains anchored in our vocabulary to this day.

Of course, maybe the shephard has his own scale. :lol:
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
bkshepard

Post by bkshepard »

Sorry SSG, as a long-time sailor myself, I know full well the difference between sheet and sheep. It was a play on words.
-Brian