Post update question...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
IWood
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post update question...

Post by IWood »

Just updated to 4.61 from 4.52. On the cutting edge, me.

Apparently I now have two fully operating DP versions. Can I get rid of 4.52? And how do I do that without mucking 4.61 up?

Thanks,

IW
DP 4.61
828 mkII (Firewire 1.2.4; MIDI 1.2.9)
OS X 10.4.11
Mini 1.25/80GB/1GB RAM
GLYPH GT050 120GB
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Post update question...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you just delete the app you should be fine. The 'guts' are basically in the libraries (User, Root, AUdio, Preferences, etc). BUt it also won't hurt to keep the old version around if you want to. IMO... BTW, I've been wrong at least once before. Ask Shooshie... :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
iPerformer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Post update question...

Post by iPerformer »

IWood wrote:Just updated to 4.61 from 4.52. On the cutting edge, me.

Apparently I now have two fully operating DP versions. Can I get rid of 4.52? And how do I do that without mucking 4.61 up?

Thanks,

IW
This is what I do (that doesn't mean that this is what you should do though :))
Every time I install a new version of DP I put the old version into a folder and then I zip that folder. In case I need to use the older version again I unzip it and that's it.
Zipping (or other compression ie .sit) will avoid DP to load old projects with the older versions. You will have only one working version (the latest one) but the older version available just in case you need it in the future.
Cheers.