BPM and 3rd party sound & loop libraries

Moderator: ssp

winfred55
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM and 3rd party sound & loop libraries

Post by winfred55 »

What's up brothers.
I just saw BPM on youtube a few days ago and iam very impressed and have decided to purchase this software to make my beats. I really wanted an openlabs miko lxd with the built in pads dedicated to a custom version of Guru.$4500 hundred is a lot of dough for the machine,so I have been trying to find other alternitives to cut ocst.When I saw BPM I knew this was a one stop shop in making beats and I could do all of this on my laptop with a akai mpd 32 and 49note controller.My question is can I load other sampling and loop libraries in bpm. Iam aware of the other sounds that motu has to offer,its just I have some sample&loop libraries that I would like to load into bpm .thanks for everything,love this product.
hugy

Re: BPM and 3rd party sound & loop libraries

Post by hugy »

BPM supports wav( including acid loop), aiff, caf(apple loops), rex1, rex2, SND(MPC2000), mp3(requires quicktime installation on Windows) and SD2.
So the most common formats are all supported :)

Hope this helps.
rahquee

Post by rahquee »

i dont think u can find better sounds than these anyway and i have like every library u would need for urban genre. all the cards need to be purchased and understood for the INTERGRATION fact of the matter(hardware or software).

hands down the sickest drum sampler ever and im sellin my mv8k AND fantom!
winfred55

Post by winfred55 »

Thanks guys for the info,there's a company called p5audio that has some killer r&b and hip hop drum loops and kits that I like,haven't had the chance to hear all the urban kits,so iam just building a catalog of drum sounds for my library,hopefully when I get my hands on the BPM software it may change my mind. Another question,is the akai mpd 32 the best drum pad to control all functions of BPM? I like korgs drum pad as well. Also,could you guys that have that akai set up do some totorials on setting up the BPM &@MPD32.that would be cool to see on youtube.
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

winfred55 wrote:Thanks guys for the info,there's a company called p5audio that has some killer r&b and hip hop drum loops and kits that I like,haven't had the chance to hear all the urban kits,so iam just building a catalog of drum sounds for my library,hopefully when I get my hands on the BPM software it may change my mind. Another question,is the akai mpd 32 the best drum pad to control all functions of BPM? I like korgs drum pad as well. Also,could you guys that have that akai set up do some totorials on setting up the BPM &@MPD32.that would be cool to see on youtube.

Any pad controller will work, as for the best you can program them all to the Note/CC messages and then save them as a template.. I've done this with my Korg PadKontrol.. I haven't seen to many vids on Youtube about the BPM except for mine that I posted about 2 weeks ago, so that would be great if others would post some vids too...
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
winfred55

Post by winfred55 »

Cairns could you put up your link on this site so i could see you on using your pad controller controling Bpm,i saw some guy already making a beat with Bpm and sampling,is that you or someone else/
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

winfred55 wrote:Cairns could you put up your link on this site so i could see you on using your pad controller controling Bpm,i saw some guy already making a beat with Bpm and sampling,is that you or someone else/
Yeah that's me making those videos.. Btw I'll be posting another video on Sampling from a turntable/external source Monday.. I will make a video using the PK I mostly use my roland MV since it's easier to send/extract samples thru USB.. I will let you know when it's posted
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
winfred55

Post by winfred55 »

Cairns you my going through some of the drum kits and loops as well as the synth sounds,i getting ready to order my copy just want to hear what it sounds like,if you don't mind and do you ude it as stand alone or as a plug in in a daw like protools or cubase if so,how do you rout all your out puts to tracks?
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Cairns you my going through some of the drum kits and loops as well as the synth sounds,i getting ready to order my copy just want to hear what it sounds like,
Sure.. I will create a little video just for you (only about the sounds) since it's based on sounds and that would take up like 3 minutes of tape if i combined it with something else and i don't want to split it up on youtube (people don't watch the other video part if I split it up..)
if you don't mind and do you ude it as stand alone or as a plug in in a daw like protools or cubase if so
I mostsly use it as a standalone first, paired with my Roland MV or Emu Command station then once I've established a song then I open it up in Sonar 8 PE and do further editing/mixing..
if so,how do you rout all your out puts to tracks?
I do explain this in my video of the sampling from an external device using Sonar 8..
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
FOURTY

Noob question about BPM

Post by FOURTY »

How do I sample into the pads from my soundcards inputs??

I have a 2 in 2 out ASIO driver (from my M-Audio AudioPhile soundcard) but the BPMSampler app can't seem to access the inputs because BPM (which is running) is using the ASIO driver. I've tried it the other way round with but it's the same scenario (BPM can't access the ASIO Driver but the BPMSampler can).

Can anyone help??

I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
hugy

Re: Noob question about BPM

Post by hugy »

Would you be able to use MME as audio configuration while sampling ?
Indeed ASIO doesn't allow multiple application using the same device unfortunately.

Another solution is to use a small VST Host like VSTHost
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm
which is free.

Hope this helps.
FOURTY

Post by FOURTY »

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunatly, there are no available inputs to select when I choose the MME driver. If I choose the ASIO for the BPMSampler then that means I have to use the MME for the BPM itself which then increases the latency which isn't ideal or practicle.

There must be another way surely? My inputs aren't in use so what's the problem?

Hope you can help.
FOURTY

Post by FOURTY »

As for the VST host app, I'm looking into it. However, I really don't want to introduce any further applications into the mix for simplicitys sake. Besides, if I'm honest, BPM is a beast on my processor enough as it is.

Thanks.
FOURTY

Post by FOURTY »

When I run a signal through the BPM sampler while it's active in VST host, it appears the signal doesn't appear. Thus, this solution doesn't seem to be the answer (ie using VSThost).

Unless of course i'm doing something wrong...
hugy

Post by hugy »

Looks like a bug in BPMSampler to me then.
Hopefully it will be fixed in 1.0.1