Edited version of Feature Film

Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory, etc...

Moderators: Frodo, FMiguelez, MIDI Life Crisis

Forum rules
Discussions about composing, arranging, orchestration, songwriting, theory and the art of creating music in all forms from orchestral film scores to pop/rock.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Edited version of Feature Film

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Well, I'm really not sure what happened to this thread. The moderators log shows that I edited it, but apparently it got cut to shreds. Frankly, I don't remember touching it and I apologize for the inconvenience if it was my error. Strange...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I know I'm being EXTRA careful in this forum these days. We have almost edited each other's posts a few times here in the past, hahaha.

Even Shooshie did some accidental editing to a post the other day (but managed to solve it).

AFAIK, Frodo is the only one who is still yet to press the wrong button. Let's see for how long :mrgreen:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

FMiguelez wrote:.

I know I'm being EXTRA careful in this forum these days. We have almost edited each other's posts a few times here in the past, hahaha.

Even Shooshie did some accidental editing to a post the other day (but managed to solve it).

AFAIK, Frodo is the only one who is still yet to press the wrong button. Let's see for how long :mrgreen:
Well, I don't think I did press any wrong buttons, but the thread got reduced to a single post. Kind of useless now. :(
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bdr

Post by bdr »

I'm the OP.

thanks for your 'advice' MLC :?:
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
MIDI Life Crisis

bdr wrote:I'm the OP.

thanks for your 'advice' MLC :?:
I could have just deleted the thread. I chose to keep it alive and explain what happened. I'm sorry you don't like that. Perhaps I should have just deleted it. If this is the direction it goes in, I probably will. Or you can repost.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bdr

Post by bdr »

to be honest, I thought it was your well renowned sense of humor coming to the fore, seeing as I originally asked about approaches and advice for editing music from a 90 minute feature length documentary that had been cut down to a 60 minute TV version. In fact the last line of my OP was..'should I just hack away at the score' so looking at your replies I took it that the score was going to be destroyed by music editing and so just accept it. Ha!
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
MIDI Life Crisis

bdr wrote:to be honest, I thought it was your well renowned sense of humor coming to the fore, seeing as I originally asked about approaches and advice for editing music from a 90 minute feature length documentary that had been cut down to a 60 minute TV version. In fact the last line of my OP was..'should I just hack away at the score' so looking at your replies I took it that the score was going to be destroyed by music editing and so just accept it. Ha!
Well, to resurrect at least my response <sigh>...

I would just start hacking away at the score rather than trying to make it fit, especially if the score is still under your fingers.

I've had a particularly trying day an apologize if I am a bit short tempered.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS