New Motu Product? BPM?

Moderator: ssp

nk_e
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New Motu Product? BPM?

Post by nk_e »

James Steele wrote:I can't remember... I think it's something like $279 or $295.
That would make sense I guess. It's priced like their other instruments.

Great price too.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Looks like it could totally replace DP for those 'everywhere' kind of Beat Music People.

As far as being used only as a VI/Plug-In for us DP users, a demo version would be essential to really tell,
but at that price-point, even in today's economy, it wouldn't hurt too much to buy and try...
With so many aspects, it could be very useful, if not too CPU hungry.

Heck, I'm goin go play my piano.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
Aramis

Post by Aramis »

James Steele wrote:I can't remember... I think it's something like $279 or $295.

Where have you seen a price about it ?

Aramis
iMac 2012 27 ' 3.2 ghz 32 gigs ram OSX 10.9.4 DigitalPerformer 8.7 , MOTU Track 16, MOTU MachFive3.2, Ethno and BPM , Komplete 9, OmniSphere , Trilian and Stylus RMX , Axon mkII and Godin LG .
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Aramis wrote:Where have you seen a price about it ?Aramis
I've seen that price a few places, such as here.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

As a standalone for performance, the price seems OK.

As a plug for making drum noises from within DP, it sounds way pricey. I'd just like to buy the samples and packaged beats/fills for about $100, maybe as a Mach5 add on.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
1nput0utput

Post by 1nput0utput »

SixStringGeek wrote:As a standalone for performance, the price seems OK.

As a plug for making drum noises from within DP, it sounds way pricey. I'd just like to buy the samples and packaged beats/fills for about $100, maybe as a Mach5 add on.
I would assume that since the other MOTU plug-ins' sample libraries can be used by MachFive (Electric Keys, MSI, Ethno), so can BPM's library.
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
Cairns
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Cairns »

I talk to the sales rep, and he answered all my questions I had for him, and I ordered on the phone it will be shipped out today and I should get it either Monday the earliest but it looks like tuesday.. the price is $279
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Excellent, and Congrats, Cairn. Please let us know its Awesome Quotient, as soon as you can! :D
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Thanks I sure will..
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
melenko

Post by melenko »

Here in Europe, the price is 269€
http://www.univers-sons.com/sons/bpm.html
MacPro 2.66 - 8Go ram-10.6.2 /DP7.2/URS plugs/Kontakt4/PlugsoundPro/StylusRMX/EZDrummer/Superior/Altiverb/Ozone4/Sonnox/etc...Neve 8801/RME ffce 800
RCory

Post by RCory »

Took the plunge and ordered from MOTU today - $279 plus shipping - we'll have to get a "BPM" forum now..
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

RCory wrote:Took the plunge and ordered from MOTU today - $279 plus shipping - we'll have to get a "BPM" forum now..
I'll create one now. Definitely should have one. I've started adding Windows/Mac subforums to the VI forums also. BPM is cross-platform I think so I'll do that.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

James Steele wrote:
RCory wrote:Took the plunge and ordered from MOTU today - $279 plus shipping - we'll have to get a "BPM" forum now..
I'll create one now. Definitely should have one. I've started adding Windows/Mac subforums to the VI forums also. BPM is cross-platform I think so I'll do that.
Where is the BPM forum at?
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Cairns wrote:Where is the BPM forum at?
Well... go to the Board Index here and then scroll down.

Or look here: http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Hi James, I just got this:

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.

How did it KNOW that I hadn't bought BPM, and was just planning on Lurking? :mrgreen: