New Motu Product? BPM?

Moderator: ssp

TOD
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Motu Product? BPM?

Post by TOD »

Sorry if this has been posted:

MOTU BPM

"Introducing... BPM - Beat Production Machine.

Advanced urban rhythm instrument. BPM unites drum machine-style operation with advanced virtual instrument technology to give you the ultimate urban rhyhtm programming experience. Combine drum kits, sequenced patterns, sliced loops and instrument sounds to realize your rhythmic vision. Dig into BPM's massive library of never-before-released sounds. Run BPM stand-alone or as a tempo-synced plugin for your favorite host software to turn your computer into a rhythm production powerhouse.

* Live recording. Capture live beats from your MIDI controller.
* Step sequencing. Build patterns in seconds with just a few clicks.
* Sampling. Record hits or any audio directly into any pad.
* Editing. Tweak any hit, pattern, loop or instrument.
* Unlimited layers. Unlimited sample layers per pad with programmable layer switching.
* Drum Synth. Lets you program your own sounds and even layer them with samples.
* Song mode. Drag & drop sequences to build songs in seconds.
* Killer urban sounds. 15+ GB of brand new material mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC.
* Interactive browsing. Hear hits, loops and patterns instantly as you click them.
* Deep synth engine. Add filter resonance. Tweak an envelope. Perfect your sound.
* 4 pad banks + 2 racks. Layer full kits with multi-sample instruments, loops and audio phrases.
* Complete mixer with FX. Apply dozens of quality effects throughout, from individual samples to the master stereo output.
* SP Mode. Emulates the classic SP1200 drum machine.

* Step Sequencer lets you build patterns in seconds with just a few clicks.
* Piano Roll Editor for sequencing multi-sample instruments and sliced loops.
* Loop editor lets you set loop behavior and drag & drop loops as MIDI or audio.
* Graph editor lets you achieve ultra-expressive performance each note."

Haven't found any pics yet.

Tod
DP 5.13 dual G5 2.7 synced to dual 1.42 via SMPTE, Muse Receptor (filled with Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Atmosphere, Elektrik piano, Disco DSP), OSX.410, Ableton LIVE, Apogee Big Ben, Apogee mini DAC, MachV, Symphonic, Ethno, M-Tron, Mx-4,Latigo, Jupiter Vi, iDrum, Microtonic, Kontakt3, Bassline, Bassline Pro, Ultra Focus, Novation Basstation, Novation Drum Station, Nord Lead2, JD-990, EMU Proteus, Orbit 2, MicroKorg, UAD, Poco, Altiverb, VW2, Waves, Ozone, to name a few :)
kwiz

Re: New Motu Product? BPM?

Post by kwiz »

HERE IT IS!

Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
thracks

Post by thracks »

Lovely...... :D I'm such a sucker for drum programs. I can never seem to get enough of this. Sounds very cool! Almost like a mix between Stylus and microtonic. I'll be seeing this Friday at NAMM..... hopefully
Last edited by thracks on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Looks very nice.

I don't mean to put this product down, but actually, I would've preferred they devoted that time and money into a killer control surface for DP instead.

How many of you would actually consider buying this new product? Just curious.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
bOing

Post by bOing »

Urban drums? But I live out in the country. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait for the developers to show up.

But I hope some of this new product rollout fever extends to a new release for DP 6.1 perhaps? (6.02 sounds too wimpy!)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
thracks

Post by thracks »

FMiguelez wrote:.

Looks very nice.

I don't mean to put this product down, but actually, I would've preferred they devoted that time and money into a killer control surface for DP instead.

How many of you would actually consider buying this new product? Just curious.

me :!: (as long as it's priced well)

I hate the term "Urban" That is a little dated and not much of a description. Some people might think Urban=Rap. Others might say Kraftwerk=Urban.
Steve

2020 Mac Mini | Ventura | 828x |
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Now THAT's interesting -- I didn't guess from the description that it was a hardware product!

And I missed the thread at first, misinterpreting it or misreading it as "New DP Project? How to set Beats Per Minute?" :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

mhschmieder wrote:Now THAT's interesting -- I didn't guess from the description that it was a hardware product!

And I missed the thread at first, misinterpreting it or misreading it as "New DP Project? How to set Beats Per Minute?" :-)
Nah, it's a virtual instrument.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

mhschmieder wrote:Now THAT's interesting -- I didn't guess from the description that it was a hardware product!

Um...I don't think its hardware. You can get another view of the ad here:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... chine.html

I think it's a plug-in (though the ad is cleverly ambiguous).

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

There's nothing at all visually ambiguous about that ad, unless the DVD slot, and headphone and audio jacks, are just clever jokes, like G-Force's coffee stain on the original M-Tron plug-in.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
bOing

Post by bOing »

I have the impression that it's hardware too, but then I read the "Mac/Windows" thing in the bottom and wasn't sure anymore.

I think I can wait to find out. :)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

thracks wrote:

I hate the term "Urban" That is a little dated and not much of a description. Some people might think Urban=Rap. Others might say Kraftwerk=Urban.
Me too, I hear that term and I just go the other way, I'm obviously a little too biased, probably my age. I vote for a dedicated control surface as well.
DP 10.0, UA Apollo Two, UA Octo, far too many plugs.
dix

Post by dix »

mhschmieder wrote:There's nothing at all visually ambiguous about that ad, unless the DVD slot, and headphone and audio jacks, are just clever jokes, like G-Force's coffee stain on the original M-Tron plug-in.
I think DVD slot and jacks are just for the ad to help us make the connection that it's a SP1200-style plugin. I'm guessing SP1200s have those.

Plus it says
Run BPM stand-alone or as a tempo-synced plugin for your favorite host software to turn your computer into a rhythm production powerhouse.
. I'm sure it will all be clear soon.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

I don't think anyone has come out with a hardware display like the one in the bpm picture - definitely a VI, IMO.
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

This news is bitter-sweet for me; whilst the commercial plugs continue to be rolled out, we've not yet benefitted much from MOTU's innovative new VI features (and sounds) in DP, the UVI plug notwithstanding.

IMHO, this is further evidence that MOTU can indeed produce the goods to trump Logic once and for all; DP must be a recipient of this stuff in order for this to happen though, again, IMHO.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here