Looking for College Music Biz/Industry Programs

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
RadioFunHouse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Looking for College Music Biz/Industry Programs

Post by RadioFunHouse »

Hey, MOTU folks -

I need immediately to put together an exhaustive list of college or university music industry / music business programs in NY, NJ, PA, CT, RI, MD. Google-ing seems hit and miss (not sure why) and the list on MEISA.org is also spotty.

So, I'm turning to real people like you. I'm interested in the biz side, as opposed to the technology side, though combo programs will also make my list.

If you can help me - PLEASE drop me a email and tell me of a school you know about (yes, I already know about NYU and Berklee!)

THanks!
Schweats
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Looking for College Music Biz/Industry Programs

Post by Schweats »

These might be worth looking into… Both are in the Nashville area that would could provide exposure for 'real world' experiences

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmont_University
http://www.mtsu.edu/

HTH - Schweats
Schweats
MacPro 2.8/OS 10.10.1/6g ram/Powerbook G4/1g ram/10.4.11/828 mk3 hybrid/MTP AV usb/DP 7.23/Stylus RMX/Omnisphere/Trilian/Mach Five v2/RealGuitar/Korg Oasys/UAD2-Quad card & various plugs/Novation Zero SL mk2 controller/Akai MPK61
nvrsay
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Looking for College Music Biz/Industry Programs

Post by nvrsay »

MIX Magazine used to do a yearly round up of all the various recording schools. Maybe check their web site?
Hey, remember that place called the Library?
Maybe find a back issue of Mix with the listings.
Macbook Pro/M-Audio 410/2 GB/10.4.11/5.13/G4/2408 mkII